Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 IDPA Nationals

I shot the Nationals yesterday. Boy, what a HOT day. I think we shot from 8:30 to 6:30 with a lunch break. I haven't seen any results yet. Maybe they will be posted at the range when I get there this morning. I just hope to beat the 5 guys I normally shoot with.

Well I gotta go for now. My duties at the range for the next couple of days is trash detail.. :(

PS. I shot with half of the SO's, great bunch of guys.

interm results are posted on the IDPA web site

pat

Sorry if yet another plug for my scoring software :rolleyes: ... but I think it's a bad idea to rank peoples' scores in interim results.

Guess what - the guy who's shot 7 stages is ahead of guys who've shot 18 stages as far as total time ... :rolleyes:

My software blanks interim total scores and lists people alphabetically, but still lets people check what's been input against their copies of their scoresheets.

Edited by Jane

but I think it's a bad idea to rank peoples' scores in interim results.

Most know and accept this as "interm" results. It is still nice to compare stages that you can. Most top dawgs are near the top regardless (that's why they are called "top dawgs").

I remember from A7 this year at the stats table where a new young shooter saw the interm results and DID NOT relaize these what interm results implied (last day,he shot production) he was so HAPPY he had outscored Mr. Sevigny, (Dave had only 40% of the stages entered at that time). I felt bad for the kid when he found out what "interm" meant but what the heck we were all "new" once.

I just returned from the nationals. The stages were great. the shooters were a treat to watch and run. The weather we shot in wed. was BRUTAL (HOT)

now i need to find pics of it :)  And i got to work with COF all week :P  :P

\

Frederick Haring    (revolver rehab)<<<<<<<<<<<<< :blink:

Hey Fred, you should change your name to moonwalker instead of firewalker. :P It was great working with you and the rest of the guys. Y'all did a great job!

Edited by TEXASTACTICAL

The IDPA El Prez stage is setup with the 3 IDPA targets spaced 3 yards edge to edge (vs. the USPSA version where they are spaced 1 yard). The shooter starts with only 6 rounds in the gun so an emergency reload is required after the first pass. Also it is often shot from concealment. Otherwise the procedure is similar: Start at surrender facing up range, gun in holster, ammo on belt. At signal, turn, draw, 2-2-2, reload, 2-2-2. Limited Vickers (IDPA) or Virginia Count (USPSA).

The Nats coursebook specifies "hands naturally at sides" which is different than I usually see it run.

Edited by vincent

Sorry I had to miss it this year.

Sevigny's 7.51 1 pt down on the "real" El Prez is the best score I've seen on that stage.  Damn impressive.

I was the score keeper when he shot it, so I was about 6 feet behind him. While he was shooting it I was thinking "very smooth" but he did not seem that fast. When the CSO held the timer over his shoulder I was amazed. 7.01 raw. Amazing.

Boy, what a HOT day.

So, how hot WAS it?

I have shot in the desert heat of Phoenix and Las Vegas, and I have to say that the day the SO's shot was the toughest shooting conditions I have ever faced. It was also a very long day as we were dealing with prop malfs, etc. Luckily, I shot the Standards last :rolleyes: . yikes.

On a slightly lighter note, some random thoughts from this years nationals:

<On one of the stages I SO'ed, the shooter was required to stow an ATM card. You could not hold it in your hand or put it in your mouth. Every single female shooter put it in her beltline or her pants pocket. Every one. The male shooters put them in vest pockets, shirt pockets, pants pockets, etc.

<I love moisture wicking garments. I wear them. However, just to let you know, as a shooter that fights the battle of the bulge myself, Under Armor comes in loose-fitting sizes. Please. Pretty please.

<Funniest thing I heard was after Bill Wilson swept back his vest with his left hand to grab his mag for a reload.......except he was shooting a revo. When he walked back to where the shooters were standing after the stage, Robbie Leatham asked him, with great good cheer, "So Bill, what kind of gun are you shooting?"

<The Venezualan shooting team took home much more wood this year than last. Their improvement was very noticable.

<Okie shooters took home 14 trophies, including a not-so-studly 7th SSP SS, by this honarary Okie.

<The Slovenians were not there this year. I missed them.

<The lady riding in the drink cart was fabulous. She got out of the cart at every stage, every time, and made sure the SO's were hydrated, even waiting for a string to be shot so the SO running the timer would not be missed.

<Very high temps and very high humidity makes me cranky. The day the SO's shot it was 99 degrees with (no foolin') 91 percent humidity. It was like shooting a match in a frikin' sauna.

<Eric Fuson came in 12th overall in his very first nationals. Stylin'.

<I am seriously crushin' on Julie Golosky. :wub: Um, Julie, do you need a man-slave? I cook, I reload, I have most of my own teeth, I can drive a stick.......No? (deep sigh)....

Wow...

I won't speculate about the details of what happened at or after the match since I don't know and didn't see for myself. I do know that Taran was pretty hurt by the whole thing and can understand why he would be upset about being DQed, especially after the fact. I think the big thing to remember (everyone) is the golden rule and to try to put ourselves in each other shoes. (I promise my feet don't smell too bad! :) ) I don't know what the solution is... but I hope it all gets worked out.

I will say that I really enjoyed the match. The SO's really worked their tales off especially in that crazy heat. Thanks for all your hard work! I thought the stages were a ton of fun and I know a lot of thought went into them. I had a great time.

I am working on some videos to post here and with any luck, soon :)

Congrats to all the winners!!!

And down0, I am very flattered. :) Not in the market for man slaves but I appreciate the offer. LOL. Thanks for working the match!!!

All the best,

julie

Here is the match discussion posts that I pulled out of the other thread (that turned to focus on a DQ issue). The DQ issue will stay in the IDPA forum, as it is mostly about rules. This forum (Match Announcements) is the proper forum to talk about the match in general.

Please refrain from posting anything whatsoever about the DQ issue from the other thread. Any post along those lines will be promptly deleted...completely.