Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C More RTS2 V5. Any reports...?

vgdvc

Hello all. Anybody have reports on the new C more rts2 V5 version. Supposedly brighter with more rugged electronics, shut off feature, etc. Have they been holding up? Anyone able to make a direct in use comparison to the Romeo3 XL or Max? Thanks 

I just got my RTS2 back from C-More.  I had them update it to V5 while it was there.  Dot does seem crisper, buttons now have a slight clicking feel, and it goes to sleep in about five minutes.  It wakes up when you pick up the gun.  If it holds up, I think it's a winner....

Edited by BadShot

On 11/23/2019 at 3:13 PM, BadShot said:

I just got my RTS2 back from C-More.  I had them update it to V5 while it was there.  Dot does seem crisper, buttons now have a slight clicking feel, and it goes to sleep in about five minutes.  It wakes up when you pick up the gun.  If it holds up, I think it's a winner....

Whats the charge for the v5 upgrade if you send yours back ??

2 hours ago, Revofan said:

Whats the charge for the v5 upgrade if you send yours back ??

70 bucks plus shipping.  I put it on my 627 and took it to the range.  The dot is much brighter in full sunshine.  I had to have the glass replaced also from my carry optics gun induced damage.  I  have 2 v4's on my open guns.  I'm not sure that I will send them in to be upgraded.  Open guns seem to be not as hard on the optics...

3 hours ago, echotango said:

If you have a V4, I would not pay to upgrade.  I have killed 2 V5.  I have 6 RTS2's, some V4's still going strong. 

How did you kill the 2 V5s? Did C more take care of it under warranty?

5 minutes ago, echotango said:

They just died or started to go out. Same as the v4. 

Yes, they are great to deal with. Typically a 2-3 week turnaround. 

I would like to try one but can't understand why they can't make a $400.00+ optic hold up. I have 3 cheap Burris Fastfires each on a slide mounted application and no issues through thousands of rounds.

I love my Rts2s I have 6 of them and there all a little different some are brighter then others and only super bright when there’s a new battery in them 

my only complaint is there not as bright as I would like in full sun 

9 minutes ago, Revofan said:

I love my Rts2s I have 6 of them and there all a little different some are brighter then others and only super bright when there’s a new battery in them 

my only complaint is there not as bright as I would like in full sun 

Will a new battery keep full brightness during a 6+- hour match before any noticeable drop in intensity?

i will get a couple RTS2 to fix so i will have a chance to take a good look and analyze the failures

if they are similar to the MRD i have fixed, they are very simple in the electronics and any hobbyist with a good soldering iron and still hand can fix them and even improve them so they will not break as often

low brightness can be improved by reducing the value of the limiting resistor 

I have a 6 moa V3 I believe that I just removed from a rig I sold. Has over 7000 rounds on it. It has been subjected to 110+ degree days here in Redding and sub freezing temps up in Oregon during matches. 

With my eyes these days I bumped up to a 8 moa model on my new open gun. I am hoping it holds up as well as the 6 moa one has.

by the way, I have 6 moa for sale. In excellent condition with box, paperwork, etc.