Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why don’t classifications go down?

StealthyBlagga

I think that kind of depend on the person. Some people need a kick in the pants to get up to speed. They need to focus less on being perfect and just figure out how to go the proper speed. Some people start off sloppy and not really using their sights at all, they probably don't need to push the speed as much as just learn to control themselves.

So I'd say the success of par times depends a lot on your personality, and where you are as a shooter. I don't really use them as much as I used to.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, Chills1994 said:

My bad!

😞

fwiw, I too could shoot 6 shots and hit somewhere on a paper target under 2 seconds when I was a B, but that's very different than executing a bill drill in under 2 seconds.... and that's very different than being able to do it *consistently*.

6 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

So I'd say the success of par times depends a lot on your personality, and where you are as a shooter. I don't really use them as much as I used to.

agree with this. pushing to beat par times was an important part of getting to A and maybe even M, but less frequent focus on par times, and more focus on consistent grip and shot-calling has caused my match results to keep climbing since then.

7 hours ago, GunBugBit said:

Proper technique sacrificed to beat the par time, hmm.  I suppose that's a thing.  I don't feel drilling to par times has ever hurt me.

at 62.6%, giving yourself permission to go FAST may well be something you still need to work on. I think it's different for everyone. It is tricky to figure out exactly what YOU need to get better.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:06 AM, motosapiens said:

fwiw, I too could shoot 6 shots and hit somewhere on a paper target under 2 seconds when I was a B, but that's very different than executing a bill drill in under 2 seconds.... and that's very different than being able to do it *consistently*.

Thats the thing. Do it clean once, every 10 tries, is a whole different thing than do it cold every time, all alphas.   

10 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

Thats the thing. Do it clean once, every 10 tries, is a whole different thing than do it cold every time, all alphas.   

Yet, the classification system works off of the former.