Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, moose97 said:

Fairly certain I'm going to pick up a DWX Friday when my work bonus finally hits my bank account. Probably going to immediately send it off for an optic cut at Impact Machine. Want to get it all set up for Limited Optics, so what's the consensus on magwell & mag extensions/springs? Thanks! 

You can see my findings a few pages ago. I use henning extensions and Lok "grid lok" magwell for a Tac Sport. They work fine together. The factory DWX baseplates do not play nice with that specific mag well. I used factory P10 basepads and ground them down to get them to work with the mag well. 

55 minutes ago, Toggleme said:

You can see my findings a few pages ago. I use henning extensions and Lok "grid lok" magwell for a Tac Sport. They work fine together. The factory DWX baseplates do not play nice with that specific mag well. I used factory P10 basepads and ground them down to get them to work with the mag well. 

Good stuff, thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Did you get the compact trigger ?
I guess the bows are the same for the full size and compact guns. 

Full size short, i assume the compact is different or it wouldnt be labeled as such?

1 hour ago, moose97 said:

What race holsters work for the DWX? 2011 style? I've got a Ghost Hydra for my TSO & would prefer to get another, but they don't list DWX as an option. Thanks. 

The Hydra +p works well enough for the DWX but not so well that I would want to use it full time. It's a little sticky at the trigger guard... I'm sure you could modify it if you were inclined. I just ordered an RHT and then cancelled after reading some reviews here. I ended up placing an order for a Long's Shadow Huron with the T-1000 Henning hanger. He said it would ship by the end of the week. Edit: Just saw you said "race"... Disregard. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

I ordered the Ghost One Evo, It's the 2011/STI model. Just put in the comments that it's for a Dan Wesson DWX.

My Staccato P doesn't fit because the trigger guard is too thick. Also don't extend the white nylon screw on the side of the holster that is under the picatinny rail. The screw will get stuck in between the slots on the rail and it's a bitch to get the gun out. Don't ask me how I know.

IMG_0400[50] copy.jpeg

1 hour ago, Drell said:

I ordered the Ghost One Evo, It's the 2011/STI model. Just put in the comments that it's for a Dan Wesson DWX.

My Staccato P doesn't fit because the trigger guard is too thick. Also don't extend the white nylon screw on the side of the holster that is under the picatinny rail. The screw will get stuck in between the slots on the rail and it's a bitch to get the gun out. Don't ask me how I know.

IMG_0400[50] copy.jpeg

Sweet! Thanks for the reply 

First time drawing the DWX from a holster and ran into a grip issue coming from my Shadow 2 to the DWX. I hold the gun so high and the safety is so small on the DWX when the slide cycles it rides the top of my firing hand thumb. I’m thinking about trying a larger safety or do I have to modify my firing hand thumb to be more on top of my support hand? I’d rather not change my grip if a bigger safety will work. I have pretty big hands. No experience with 1911’s…. It seems like a larger 1911 safety would work on the dwx?

Edited by ColoradoNick

Just now, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Yea for me the getting to a small safety is an issue. Let’s hope there will be aftermarket or factory options. 

Looks like a standard 1911/2011 safety to me. I’m out of town for a couple weeks but I have a buddy who is going to test fit a large shielded Atlas safety for me.

On 7/12/2023 at 4:46 PM, ColoradoNick said:

First time drawing the DWX from a holster and ran into a grip issue coming from my Shadow 2 to the DWX. I hold the gun so high and the safety is so small on the DWX when the slide cycles it rides the top of my firing hand thumb. I’m thinking about trying a larger safety or do I have to modify my firing hand thumb to be more on top of my support hand? I’d rather not change my grip if a bigger safety will work. I have pretty big hands. No experience with 1911’s…. It seems like a larger 1911 safety would work on the dwx?

I feel your pain. I need/want a wider left side safety. DWX safeties aren't interchangeable with 2011 safeties though.  We'll need to wait for after market or Dan Wesson solutions, I'm afraid.

I'm new to CZ's, so be patient, please. :D

I just picked up a DWX at MSRP off of gunbroker and am ordering parts to be here when it arrives; I intend to send it out to Vulcan to have it cut for an SRO (already in hand.)

My question concerns magazines; it only comes with two and I'd like to have at least 5. I've ordered five Henning +5 bases/springs/followers, but am confused over which mags to order from CZ. I know it takes "P10" magazines, but am seeing a few different P10 mags. Am I specifically looking for 19 round "P10F" mags to get those identical to what I will receive with the gun?

Edited by benlineberry