Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

7 hours ago, Ajohnson15 said:

Shouldn’t be a length issue, guide rod seat length to the end of the recoil spring channel in the slide will match the same length as a 5inch 1911. Diameter of the guide rod is too small though (it’ll work but I personally prefer a tighter spring fit). Again really just need someone to make a guide rod that is stepped up before the seat for a short distance to better accommodate the round wire 1911 springs and then stepped down at the rest of the length to the front at the oem component diameter so the slide doesn’t have to be drilled out.

Alternately you could just 3d print - 1.2”-1.75” long .330”ish diameter sleeve and attempt to press it on to your existing guide rod down to the base. Probably would work, (might use an adhesive in addition to the press fit). Probably cheaper than getting another tungsten made.

The recoil spring bunches up left and right and doesn’t seat cleanly on the guide rod - it seems inappropriate to shoot it like that…

image.jpeg.532ccd5f3b481e6bbdb1187873ae65c8.jpeg

like this but a little worse (not my pic)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Posvar said:

The brass grips make the gun heavier for sure but man do they make it shoot softer. Balance feels so good. 

One thing I noticed about the slide cuts on mine, is that the gun balances better without having to use brass grips.  That was a nice, unintended upside. My S2s get the hollow (lighter) Lok brass grips to help with balance (I really like the weight vs balance compromise with the lighter brass grips).  Happily,  I don't feel like I need them on the DWX.

8 hours ago, Ajohnson15 said:

Shouldn’t be a length issue, guide rod seat length to the end of the recoil spring channel in the slide will match the same length as a 5inch 1911. Diameter of the guide rod is too small though (it’ll work but I personally prefer a tighter spring fit). Again really just need someone to make a guide rod that is stepped up before the seat for a short distance to better accommodate the round wire 1911 springs and then stepped down at the rest of the length to the front at the oem component diameter so the slide doesn’t have to be drilled out.

Alternately you could just 3d print - 1.2”-1.75” long .330”ish diameter sleeve and attempt to press it on to your existing guide rod down to the base. Probably would work, (might use an adhesive in addition to the press fit). Probably cheaper than getting another tungsten made.

I don't think I can print anything that wouldn't warp as the gun heated up.

It does make me want to sort through my random parts bin to see if I can fashion something up that would work though!

3 hours ago, pumpedTSI said:

I run a G34 gen 5 guide rod.....a tad shorter than stock bt runs well and fits all the glock spring options...

I tried a glock 17 spring and the 11lb one was too short… the 13lb was too heavy lol with the tungsten guide rod

On 4/12/2024 at 11:45 PM, pumpedTSI said:

Like I said....the rod is a bit shorter (approx 1/2-3/4") but it runs fine.....doesnt beat the slide up.....fairly flat with 147gr.

Stock DWX or Glock 11lb spring?

12 hours ago, pumpedTSI said:

That setup is for the 1911 and the rod looks way short...

DPM’s are a two piece system. I use them on a couple striker fire pistols with comps and they help with recoil and tuning. 

Id love to see a DWX model or someone marketing a solution for the DWX. 

(Please use the quote function if you can, it helps everyone.)

3 hours ago, pumpedTSI said:

stock spring

Length of guide rod won’t really help me with the over sprung nature of the DWX…

Does anyone other than CZ make replacement triggers? 

CZ USA has one guy working their warehouse currently, I've seen reports of orders being messed up by them, and I've already waited a month.... hoping to order from somewhere that will actually ship one.

4 hours ago, BMSMB said:

Does anyone other than CZ make replacement triggers? 

CZ USA has one guy working their warehouse currently, I've seen reports of orders being messed up by them, and I've already waited a month.... hoping to order from somewhere that will actually ship one.

Not that I’m aware of. Just ordered a trigger and magwell from them today.

I submitted a request to customer service over a week ago and it’s been crickets. 

That whole site is a mess… with one guy working a warehouse they should just use a 3PL. 

5 hours ago, TactDadBod said:

Not that I’m aware of. Just ordered a trigger and magwell from them today.

I submitted a request to customer service over a week ago and it’s been crickets. 

That whole site is a mess… with one guy working a warehouse they should just use a 3PL. 

It took them a week to respond to my request to customer service...

On 7/30/2023 at 3:42 PM, ColoradoNick said:

not trying to beat a dead horse here but this shadow 2 probably has over 10k draws from a holster on the stock DLC coating. I think I’ve cleaned more than just the barrel maybe 3 times in its life. I’ve even dropped it a couple times (unloaded). The slide looks perfect still. The slide under my DWX may as well be raw stainless (it’s not, it was coated with black oxide and looks no different than the rest of the gun) but you wouldn’t know as it has an optic mounted on it. Can you tell the difference in the attached photo of the SBGW milled glock slide? 

Your post implies cerakote is the better option. I think cerakote is actually widely considered the worst option for a coating on any firearm that may see hard use or be routinely carried in a holster as it will quickly show wear. Why a company would require you to get the slide cerakoted to me screams they’re worried about any imperfections showing in their machine work. Same for requiring you to send in an optic. 

198B6314-5CC5-479F-A097-FA814F7B3921.jpeg

DE64FEB5-3473-419D-9E30-E59F1AE20E3D.jpeg

Hi! When you got this cut, did they coat the cut area with any finish (black oxide)? The owner is saying it won't take a non-rust metal

4 hours ago, TactDadBod said:

Same. It would be nice to have a backup parts kit for competitions and to also not deal with their service which is months out. Real shame what’s happening at CZ-USA

just spoke with CZ USA parts.......CZ  does NOT carry parts for the DWX, its Dan Wesson only......I left a message......lets ee what happens.

Put 1-200 rounds through the DWX yesterday. No feeding or ejection issues using a WC 9lb recoil spring.

Had 1 malfunction from a light strike on a Winchester primer.

I modified a plastic drywall screw anchor to fit over the recoil rod to keep the spring centered. It seemed to work well. I'll update if any issues seem to come from it later on.

Gun recoils so smooth!

Edited by BMSMB

Anyone have experience with aftermarket 1911 ignition kits in the DWX? I installed a AGW Perfect match and I am getting occasional hammer follow. Here are some details: 

• kit installed and set to ~2 lbs 2 oz
  • Trigger return spring measures around ~1 lb before hitting the wall
  • No issues at time of installation
  • ~2000 rounds later - started getting hammer follow and catching at half cock
  • Cleaned all trigger components and disco channel, lubricated.
  • Estimated about 1 failure / 300~ rounds

Ive watched the AGW videos on hammer follow and trigger adjustment. I feel there is plenty of tension on the disco/trigger leg of the spring. Trigger moves feely when there are no springs installed. Any thoughts on resolving this problem? Does the overall trigger weight vs the disco/trigger return weight seem reasonable (~2 lbs overall, ~1 lb trigger return?)

1 hour ago, Toggleme said:

Anyone have experience with aftermarket 1911 ignition kits in the DWX? I installed a AGW Perfect match and I am getting occasional hammer follow. Here are some details: 

• kit installed and set to ~2 lbs 2 oz
  • Trigger return spring measures around ~1 lb before hitting the wall
  • No issues at time of installation
  • ~2000 rounds later - started getting hammer follow and catching at half cock
  • Cleaned all trigger components and disco channel, lubricated.
  • Estimated about 1 failure / 300~ rounds

Ive watched the AGW videos on hammer follow and trigger adjustment. I feel there is plenty of tension on the disco/trigger leg of the spring. Trigger moves feely when there are no springs installed. Any thoughts on resolving this problem? Does the overall trigger weight vs the disco/trigger return weight seem reasonable (~2 lbs overall, ~1 lb trigger return?)

Bend the left arm forward a little?