Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

On 7/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, benlineberry said:

For SRO machining, I'm considering Primary Machine or Vulcan Machine werks. Has anyone used either?

UPDATE

I received my slide back from Primary Machine and couldn't be happier. Excellent work and didn't refinish the slide.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7d4e58ef1edaf5720b4637a0598360b.jpeg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, benlineberry said:

UPDATE

I received my slide back from Primary Machine and couldn't be happier. Excellent work and didn't refinish the slide.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7d4e58ef1edaf5720b4637a0598360b.jpeg

Looks great! Just saw this on FB too 

31 minutes ago, pcar157 said:

That's a change of direction for Primary Machine. In the past they have insisted on refinishing the entire slide. 

Good news for Primary Machine.

It’s a great call on their part. I want to send mine to them or DSC for a Tri top

1 hour ago, danwessondwx said:

It's hard to tell, but I was planning on using this for competition so it's gonna see 15k rounds a year and how sloppy and less accurate will it be then?

Mine is also pretty loose but it doesn’t effect accuracy at all. 

8 hours ago, danwessondwx said:

Do you guys think this is acceptable? I sent it back and told them the slide to frame fit was very sloppy,  they said it's not adjustable and sent it back. I know it's not adjustable but I thought they would at least adress the issue.  I think it's pretty bad.

I mean silly question but did you have a mag in the gun? 

The mag release isnt very tight without a mag inserted and wobbles quite a bit. 

J/W

10 hours ago, Z-Chaos-Factor said:

I mean silly question but did you have a mag in the gun? 

The mag release isnt very tight without a mag inserted and wobbles quite a bit. 

J/W

You can tighten the mag release with a little flat head to take the wobble out.

49 minutes ago, danwessondwx said:

My wobble is definitely in the front of the slide.  Do you think that much play is acceptable in a high end pistol?

I would call atlas high end… They cost 3x as much as the dwx. Fwiw my dwx shoots a sub 2” group at 20 yards off hand. I can’t do that with a $1700 shadow 2 orange. The play is a little irritating but IMO it doesn’t effect the gun at all. With a $130 trigger kit and a little work I have a 2lb trigger, zero pretravel, over travel and a rabbit hair reset. For 2k I’ll take it. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

I would call atlas high end… They cost 3x as much as the dwx. Fwiw my dwx shoots a sub 2” group at 20 yards off hand. I can’t do that with a $1700 shadow 2 orange. The play is a little irritating but IMO it doesn’t effect the gun at all. With a $130 trigger kit and a little work I have a 2lb trigger, zero pretravel, over travel and a rabbit hair reset. For 2k I’ll take it. 

EGW trigger kit?

15 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

Was the install straight forward, or does it require some gunsmithing/fitting/etc.?

On 8/20/2023 at 5:50 PM, ColoradoNick said:

You think the DWX shoots better than a Shadow 2 Orange?  I would think they're more equal.  It would be hard to tell for me. 

54 minutes ago, Douglee25 said:

Gotcha.  I would like to do a trigger test pull on mine just to see what it is. 

Its not even the weight, its the straight pull for me. Makes it a lot easier to shoot accurately, even compared to my S2 with full cajun work

On 8/19/2023 at 10:17 AM, pcar157 said:

That's a change of direction for Primary Machine. In the past they have insisted on refinishing the entire slide. 

Good news for Primary Machine.

You can thank me :) After learning, in this thread, that the slide is SS, I had a long talk with them and they agreed to add "none" as a coating option to the DWX. Glad they did it, makes too much sense not to!

On 6/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, Mike21STI said:

Here you go.  I would have liked to take more material off but I like how it came out overall.  I would look elsewhere if I were to do it again though.  

Screenshot_20230609_155137_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_155142_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_155148_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_155157_Gallery.jpg

Did you have any photos of the gun fully assembled after the slide cuts?

Picking mine up tomorrow and going to get the slide cut for an optic debating if its worth the additional slide lightening cuts.