Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

On 1/3/2023 at 5:20 PM, mscott said:

Double Alpha doesn’t have a Racemaster holster insert block at this time. Anyone know what might be the closest fit?

The new Flex Holster from DAA will work with it and that will also give you the best fit you could ever hope for. I picked my holster up in Thailand at the World Shoot in November (for my Orange Shadow 2s) and it works great.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well took the DWX to the range.  I didn't have it out of the bag for more than 2 mins and people were coming up to me asking if that was the new Dan Wesson gun.  Three of us shot it over the course of an hour.  Zero issues.  Wow is it a solid shooter.  Initially I had the TS2 and the Bul Armory Commander out with it for comparison. 

I think the DWX likely had the best trigger, but all of them were fairly solid honestly.  My buddy who rolled with me knew nothing about the gun or that it was even new for that matter.  I kept him in the dark just because I wanted his honest feedback.  It was his favorite pistol by the end of the day.  Also brought a bunch of other pistols out towards the end to just give them a quick run through.  I really do prefer a 1911 style gun overall.  The CZ is right up there with it.  The carry pieces I own are all smaller.  They have a purpose but it's not 'target shooting' per say.  Overall solid day!  Looking forward to putting some more time on the gun. 

20230107_174743-03.thumb.jpeg.950cb6933328503e4232fc837cd31b3f.jpeg

Edited by Douglee25

22 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

If you had to grab 1. And run 🏃‍♂️.  Which one would it be. Or more importantly would DWX be part of that consideration? 

Depends what you want? 

For target or class shooting - Yes, the DWX would be part of it. 

For carry (for me personally), I think there's better options. 

For home defense, the DWX could also be used...albeit on the large(r) side. 

2 hours ago, 1911vm said:

wow that's a big statement 

It really was a nice shooter.  Also keep in mind, it's probably the most expensive gun I own.  I would expect it would perform better than the others at that price point.  That's why I originally put those qualifiers in there. 

1 hour ago, Douglee25 said:

It really was a nice shooter.  Also keep in mind, it's probably the most expensive gun I own.  I would expect it would perform better than the others at that price point.  That's why I originally put those qualifiers in there. 

From my experience not much difference between 900 and 1500 guns. 

Definitely looking forward to the compact to come out. 

19 minutes ago, Douglee25 said:

The DWX is 2100.  The next expensive guns I have are the TS2 - 1200, Bul Armory - 850, STI Spartan - bought for 650...likely more now.  All other carry or target pistols are in the 500 range I'd imagine. 

True. 

I’m joining the club as my Dad wants to buy one for me as he knows I’ve been wanting one for years. 

I managed to grab the last one from Top Gun Supply for $2099. They’re getting hard to find now, especially for MSRP or less. 

I finally have a reason to own the 23 spare P10F mags that I bought 3 years ago now 😁

Edited by jlficken

33 minutes ago, jlficken said:

I’m joining the club as my Dad wants to buy one for me as he knows I’ve been wanting one for years. 

I managed to grab the last one from Top Gun Supply for $2099. They’re getting hard to find now, especially for MSRP or less. 

I finally have a reason to own the 23 spare P10F mags that I bought 3 years ago now 😁

Tell your dad you found a long lost brother and he needs a DWX also 

7 hours ago, jlficken said:

I'm a magazine hoarder and just grabbed 10 more of the CZ 11440 19rd mags to squirrel away as I got them for $28ea shipped.  I'm stopping  now as I'm pretty sure that 37 magazines between the P-09 and the DWX is going to be enough.

Now you are ready for World War 3😀

I just picked up my DWX and it’s great except that the safety is a bit spongy.  My Kimber snaps in and off with authority and the DWX doesn’t.  Off is pretty defined, however, on is really spongy. 

In looking it appears that the issue is as described here where the "divot" in the safety when in the "off" position doesn't line up with the detent very well.

http://girlgoesbang.com/how-to-fix-a-soft-safety/index.html

Edited by jlficken