Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blitzkrieg buffer for JP

Last year, I buddy of mine build a pcc with qc10 receivers, hiperfire 24c trigger JP (barrel, bolt, buffer system).  About a month ago, he decided to put a Blitzkrieg buffer on it just to try it.  For some reason the dot movements on double taps was better. He reloads and uses 124 gr. blue bullets with titegroup.  

22 minutes ago, Joeyxbat said:

Last year, I buddy of mine build a pcc with qc10 receivers, hiperfire 24c trigger JP (barrel, bolt, buffer system).  About a month ago, he decided to put a Blitzkrieg buffer on it just to try it.  For some reason the dot movements on double taps was better. He reloads and uses 124 gr. blue bullets with titegroup.  

Appreciated. Hard to get in Europe but I'll try...

Edited by Fasthenk65
15 hours ago, Ontos said:

I run a shortstroked Blitzkrieg HD with .308 spring and 124gr JHP @138pf. 

I love it.  It feels like it thumps the shoulder a little more, but dot movement is minimal and 

Edited by GeorgeH
Error on my comment
On 10/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, Ontos said:

I love it.  It feels like it thumps the shoulder a little more, but dot movement is minimal and predictable. 

My friend was shooting 147gr with JP buffer. We used to says it was the best combo until he changed it to 124gr the blitzkrieg just performs better. 

On 10/24/2019 at 1:24 PM, Ontos said:

I love it.  It feels like it thumps the shoulder a little more, but dot movement is minimal and predictable. 

Very good description.  

I run the RB5005. which is the 'carbine 3.25"" buffer with an extra power carbine spring and a wave spring in back, with a 12mm spacer to short stroke it just enough to clear last round lockback.  Like Joey states, a sharp 'kick' but less dot movement.  When I try heavier buffers and stronger springs that keep the buffer from hitting the rear, the gun feels like it's cycling slower and almost under water.  And the muzzle sways up more.  With this setup, I've got cushioning where it's needed at the extreme ends/stops of travel, but it's light enough to cycle fast and come back on target quicker.  Also have a Limbsaver butt pad on my stock.  Recoil isn't really noticeable when you're chugging along, but muzzle lift can affect you a lot.