Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips For A Para Wide Body

sidnal

Last weekend I found that the gun was slipping around a bit at our local IPSC match. It was 95degrees and had rained the night before...a lovely Texas afternoon. I have a 1640 limited with skateboard tape on the front strap. The plastic grips from Para are worthless and I've been wanting to replace them anyway

My preference would be a full skateboard tape-type of grip. Agrip is too fufu...too soft. I've investigated sanding down and grip taping the whole grip. A possibility, but all of the examples I've seen look rigged... Would like to find a good after-market wrap-around grip.

Does anyone sell any good wraparound grips for the Para Wide Body? NOT rubber...grooved plastic would be better. Several very good ones are made for the STI frames...can't find much out there for a Para but home remedies.

Thanks for the input.

Sidnal

I ran into the same thing that you are and basically just went the grip tape method. I went to the local skateboard shop and bought enough to do one board and it's lasted me quite a while. I used a set of Hogue wrap arounds as a pattern. Here's how it looks.

MyPara01.jpg

Mine has aluminum spacers that fill in the back portion of the frame and then just grip tape used without any grip panels.  It works great and is quite "grippy".

Byron, where can the aluminum spacers be purchased??

Thanks,

Mike

Guncraft makes them. http://www.practicalshooting.com/g.html

Here's a pic before I changed to the red tape where you can see them better. You will need to drill and tap two holes for each grip filler as they attach with phillips screws.

38supercomp.jpg