Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Sig armorer kit with cradle trigger. 

Doesn’t the cradle trigger also have a 1.5 lb heavier pull?  I thought I read on his website that the straight trigger had a lighter pull, but I couldn’t find any info on the reset. 

19 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Doesn’t the cradle trigger also have a 1.5 lb heavier pull?  I thought I read on his website that the straight trigger had a lighter pull, but I couldn’t find any info on the reset. 

It’s much heavier. But that’s not what you asked. 

he shortens the travel by using less leverage on the trigger bar. It’s not terrible. But I never really liked it. 

Edited by Rich406

As soon as my RHT holster arrives I’ll set my Glock aside for a while and try out the Sig. I figure I should put some rounds through the stock trigger and make sure I like the gun before I go too crazy with mods. 

25 minutes ago, Cuz said:

For pull weight I’d say.

GG=~2lbs

TSA=~3lbs

TSA curved 3.5+lbs

On 6/24/2024 at 7:12 PM, Cuz said:

As soon as my RHT holster arrives I’ll set my Glock aside for a while and try out the Sig. I figure I should put some rounds through the stock trigger and make sure I like the gun before I go too crazy with mods. 

I've been shooting my G17 in USPSA for a while, and am just now getting back to my P320. I've got to be honest, I just shoot it so much better. I'm using a stock trigger (x series FCU) and it works great for me. My issues are with me, not the gun. I shoot the p320 better than any other gun I own.

On 7/2/2024 at 1:12 PM, Kravi said:

I've been shooting my G17 in USPSA for a while, and am just now getting back to my P320. I've got to be honest, I just shoot it so much better. I'm using a stock trigger (x series FCU) and it works great for me. My issues are with me, not the gun. I shoot the p320 better than any other gun I own.

Thanks, but now I have to ask, why did you put down the P320 and start shooting the G17?

For me, it will be the opposite, in a sense.  I've been shooting Glocks since around 2004.  Recently, a friend wanted to get started in action pistol shooting and didn't know what gun to buy.  He didn't like my glock, and as we were thinking Canik, M&P, CZ, etc., etc. I started watching what some of the other guys were shooting in Production and Carry Optics and the Sig P320 seemed to be very popular.  The P320-X5 is very reasonably priced, and comes ready to shoot.  Long story short, my buddy tried it, liked it and bought one.  Then, I decided I needed one, "just because", so I bought one and I seem to like it.  I won't be able to start shooting it much until my holster arrives.  But, unlike my buddy, I can't just shoot it, I have to "do stuff" to it, so that's how I found myself in the trigger rabbit hole...

I love my Gen5-G17, but I also like shooting this gun.  What a Country we live in where we have so many great guns to choose from.

On 7/3/2024 at 5:46 PM, Cuz said:

Thanks, but now I have to ask, why did you put down the P320 and start shooting the G17?

For me, it will be the opposite, in a sense.  I've been shooting Glocks since around 2004.  Recently, a friend wanted to get started in action pistol shooting and didn't know what gun to buy.  He didn't like my glock, and as we were thinking Canik, M&P, CZ, etc., etc. I started watching what some of the other guys were shooting in Production and Carry Optics and the Sig P320 seemed to be very popular.  The P320-X5 is very reasonably priced, and comes ready to shoot.  Long story short, my buddy tried it, liked it and bought one.  Then, I decided I needed one, "just because", so I bought one and I seem to like it.  I won't be able to start shooting it much until my holster arrives.  But, unlike my buddy, I can't just shoot it, I have to "do stuff" to it, so that's how I found myself in the trigger rabbit hole...

I love my Gen5-G17, but I also like shooting this gun.  What a Country we live in where we have so many great guns to choose from.

So I shot the p320 and thought I'd try a PDP. So I shot that for a while (the grass is always greener on the newer gun). Then I had the brilliant epiphany that I should shoot what I carry, so there is direct carry over. I carried (at that time) either a g19 or a g45 depending on what I was wearing, so I built me a g17. Spent 6 months shooting that with "meh" results.

So then I set up a series of drills for myself. In one, I set up 3 USPSA targets, one at 7m, one at 10m and one at 25m. I then took my G17, my PDP and my p320 and shot the 3 targets. But to try to avoid the whole "you're shooting it last so have more practice", I shot them one after the other (doubles at 7, doubles at 25, doubles at 10, then doubles at 7 again), and did that whole cycle 5 times. Then I mapped everything out. Average for each. Average of best 2 scores.  Average of worst 2 scores. And compared. And the p320, which I hadn't shot in a year (or more) won hands down, with the G17 in 2nd and strangely the PDP in 3rd. Since using the P320 more (and building a homemade competition 4.7" gun with a HS507Comp on it - same type of optic that I have on my g17), the advantage to the p320 has only grown.

In fact, I've started carrying a P320 Compact / Carry as my EDC (instead of the Glocks). And yes, the FCUs are post July 2019, and yes, I actually trust them not to shoot me in the nether regions... 

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Kravi said:

So I shot the p320 and thought I'd try a PDP. So I shot that for a while (the grass is always greener on the newer gun). Then I had the brilliant epiphany that I should shoot what I carry, so there is direct carry over. I carried (at that time) either a g19 or a g45 depending on what I was wearing, so I built me a g17. Spent 6 months shooting that with "meh" results.

So then I set up a series of drills for myself. In one, I set up 3 USPSA targets, one at 7m, one at 10m and one at 25m. I then took my G17, my PDP and my p320 and shot the 3 targets. But to try to avoid the whole "you're shooting it last so have more practice", I shot them one after the other (doubles at 7, doubles at 25, doubles at 10, then doubles at 7 again), and did that whole cycle 5 times. Then I mapped everything out. Average for each. Average of best 2 scores.  Average of worst 2 scores. And compared. And the p320, which I hadn't shot in a year (or more) won hands down, with the G17 in 2nd and strangely the PDP in 3rd. Since using the P320 more (and building a homemade competition 4.7" gun with a HS507Comp on it - same type of optic that I have on my g17), the advantage to the p320 has only grown.

In fact, I've started carrying a P320 Compact / Carry as my EDC (instead of the Glocks). And yes, the FCUs are post July 2019, and yes, I actually trust them not to shoot me in the nether regions... 

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I am just now stepping onto the greener grass of the P320. We will see where it leads…