Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 1050 Pro - growing oal

Has anyone ever had issues with their OAL growing with their mark 7? 

Im trying to load 357 sig and recently Ive noticed my shoulder not being set back enough and my crimp loosening off along with an increase in OAL.

It's as if the toolhead isnt going down as far after time. 

I reset the dies and recalibrate then shortly after it happens again.

Last night I reset everything and within 100 rounds my oal grew .2 of a mm and my crimp was too loose. 

Anyone with similar experience? How did you fix it? 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 6:20 PM, dansedgli said:

Yeah everything was tight.  

I updated to the latest software/firmware and it is fixed now. 

Not quite sure why it was happening. Its been trouble free for a few years. 

having recently updated my firmware, sometimes when I would calibrate I would notice it wouldn't go the full stroke. After update no longer does this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 7:43 AM, Stickman301 said:

So firmware fixed it? Wasn’t loose belt or sprocket?

Yeah that fixed it. It has been good until this week. 

3 days ago I went out to size and deprime 40 cal cases and my firmware was gone. 

I put the latest firmware in and now after about 2-300 cases the toolhead doesn't travel all the way up so my shellplate doesn't advance all the way. The alignment pin has damaged the front of the alignment pin hole on the shellplate now. If I stop it as it starts to happen and press run without touching anything the press will go back to normal. Then a few hundred cases and it will do it again. 

Anyone else this issue? Ideas to fix? 

Maybe I'll redo the software/firmware update. 

yeah me either, It was like the machine wasn't connected to the tablet. I thought it would be the cord. A mate said his 650 one would do it often so I tried the reflash and it came good. 

I was cleaning out the shed earlier today and found a memory card with the last firmware and software I used on it. I uploaded that and ran through 1000 dry cycles and it seems fine again. 

I'll try loading again next weekend if I get a chance but pretty sure it's sorted now. 

I havn't touched the press otherwise so if it was a mechanical problem it would have shown I think. The new 1050 machines go faster, maybe the newest firmware isnt ok for the older machines.