Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First time going to nationals. Need advice from what you’ve learned the hard way!

When we did a 5 day TPC course there they were all using a microfiber cloth sprayed with dry silicone and a end tied off with a ziptie (to make a handle) to clean mags.  The brushes spread the dust around, and boy is there a lot of dust there.  Hurri'CUN got that name for a reason, I've experienced the 1pm windstorm.

Make sure you have front sight fiber kit (knife, lighter etc) handy.  Using the sleeve it somehow pulled out the front fiber.

19 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

When we did a 5 day TPC course there they were all using a microfiber cloth sprayed with dry silicone and a end tied off with a ziptie (to make a handle) to clean mags.  The brushes spread the dust around, and boy is there a lot of dust there.  Hurri'CUN got that name for a reason, I've experienced the 1pm windstorm.

Make sure you have front sight fiber kit (knife, lighter etc) handy.  Using the sleeve it somehow pulled out the front fiber.

I have been doing the same but with a shop rag. Nothing fancy. Cleans nice. I then swab with silicone if desired...

20 hours ago, OPENB said:

Is it worth staying for the awards/prize table? I have a 6:30AM flight home in Vegas the next morning, and have reserved a room on Fremont St. Tues. night to sight see, but if the prize table is worth it, I could stay.

If the table is anything like last years it may well be worth staying up for. I finished well down the results in open (139) and still got a $75 bullet cert and nice a prone pad. 

8 minutes ago, tkane said:

What would be the standard attire for the banquet?

I don't wanna stick out any more than normal.

Casual is fine, jeans and polo shirt used to be the norm. If you wear a tux you will stand out, if you wear a speedo you’ll be thrown out. 😎

• 1 month later...