Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Southern AZ Gunsmiths

BelRiose

I’m newly moved to Southern AZ for work, and looking for a gunsmith to do some tune-up work on my 2011s. One is a custom 6” gun from a guy in Oregon that (I think) no longer makes guns, and the other is a DVC Limited. They’ve both been having some reliability problems that are beyond my limited ability to fix, so I’d appreciate any recommendations that you folks have. 

Unfortunatley,  there is not any one in SV that I could recommend, specifically for 2011's. SV is a small town and the gunsmiths that are here are more oriented towards general repair and rifles.    

I think it's accuracy speaks, Mesa AZ

Bob LaMarca

tell him Neil Cassata told you about him.

Anything he does will be done right. 

If he can't or doesn't want to mess with it.  HE'll be straightforward and tell you up front

For SVI guns I would recommend Don Golembieski at Kodiak Precision.  He is local in Mesa.  Fortunately or unfortunately his a a close friend and his work is outstanding.  He was only one of a very few who could get SV frames etc.  His work is outstanding.  Several of his guns have appeared on magazine covers. My limited gun has over 60,000 rounds and is still gnats ass accurate, his trigger jobs are amazing.

Eddie Garcia and Eddie Camneron (speliing) are very very good. Both local to the Phoenix area.  I know people who shoot their guns and are very very happy.

Frank Glenn (see TGO on comments about Frank), I am not sure if his is still building guns.

Bob L. is a great guy. I know him and shot matches with him.  

I realize I am a snob.  I am local to AZ now but have shot in CA, OR, WA, LA, TX.  I have met some outstanding GMs and their gunsmiths.  I am sure there are other very well qualified gunsmiths in AZ and nearby but my go to guy is Don.  If I could not wait, The Eddies are a great second choice. For a quick issue Bob's work and turn around is very good.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:04 PM, pjb45 said:

For SVI guns I would recommend Don Golembieski at Kodiak Precision.  He is local in Mesa.  Fortunately or unfortunately his a a close friend and his work is outstanding.  He was only one of a very few who could get SV frames etc.  His work is outstanding.  Several of his guns have appeared on magazine covers. My limited gun has over 60,000 rounds and is still gnats ass accurate, his trigger jobs are amazing.

Eddie Garcia and Eddie Camneron (speliing) are very very good. Both local to the Phoenix area.  I know people who shoot their guns and are very very happy.

Frank Glenn (see TGO on comments about Frank), I am not sure if his is still building guns.

Bob L. is a great guy. I know him and shot matches with him.  

I realize I am a snob.  I am local to AZ now but have shot in CA, OR, WA, LA, TX.  I have met some outstanding GMs and their gunsmiths.  I am sure there are other very well qualified gunsmiths in AZ and nearby but my go to guy is Don.  If I could not wait, The Eddies are a great second choice. For a quick issue Bob's work and turn around is very good.

Eddie is #1