Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to setup G17 for CO

lawboy

So I have started setting up a Gen 2 G17 for carry optics. I would like to hear how others have set up their Gen 1-5 G17s. 

I am starting with a 3MOA FF3 milled to the slide, no iron sights. AGrip wrap, extended magazine release, THUG plug brass frame insert, tungsten guiderod with #13 spring, TTI basepads give me 22 rounds reloadable. Shooting 139-gr. lead bullets over 4.2grs. WST. 

-Optic and mount. no irons

-heavy guide rod of choice and appropriate spring

-polished internals

-TTI GM spring and connector kit

-Talon grip tape

-mags with TTI basepad and springs

That's it.

4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

-Optic and mount. no irons

-heavy guide rod of choice and appropriate spring

-polished internals

-TTI GM spring and connector kit

-Talon grip tape

-mags with TTI basepad and springs

That's it.

This is basically what I did also.

Since moved on from Glock but I split alphas with it same as my limited gun and only slightly slower than my open gun

FF3 

Dovetail mount

thug plug, plus added shot in the backstrap

tungsten guide rod 

15# spring 

TTI GM Trigger kit 

overtravel stop ejector housing

glockstore extended mag release

grip tape

140mm mags/extensions

Thanks, all.  I am going to have to figure out the trigger situation.

I have a policy:  I NEVER TOUCH A TRIGGER.  So, I am going find someone at one of the local clubs who can swap parts and polish things. It ain't gonna be me.

Otherwise, it looks like I am on the right track. 

I am going to run the 3moa dot for awhile then buy the 8moa FF# and see if I like it more.

Thanks again.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:47 AM, RJH said:

You are going to want a biggerdot. 6 or 8 Moa. And maybe something like a TTI GM trigger kit. Other than that looks pretty good Imo

You sir, are correct. I shot a steel challenge match yesterday. IMMEDIATELY realized that I need more dot, lol. 

1 hour ago, lawboy said:

You sir, are correct. I shot a steel challenge match yesterday. IMMEDIATELY realized that I need more dot, lol. 

I had the burris FF3 with  3 MOA and it was a pain to keep up when shooting fast.  Another guy had a 8 MOA and it worked fine, i now have a Vortex with 6 MOA and it is ok too.  The 3 MOA was fine in slow fire or low light, but in the sun and shooting fast, not so much.  Good news is you can sell it here for only a small loss and get one of the others, or toss it on a rifle and get one of the others

3 hours ago, RJH said:

I had the burris FF3 with  3 MOA and it was a pain to keep up when shooting fast.  Another guy had a 8 MOA and it worked fine, i now have a Vortex with 6 MOA and it is ok too.  The 3 MOA was fine in slow fire or low light, but in the sun and shooting fast, not so much.  Good news is you can sell it here for only a small loss and get one of the others, or toss it on a rifle and get one of the others

This - too difficult to see when shooting fast, particularly in bright sunlight shooting at white targets. I have 3 Vortex Vipers and 1 Vortex Venom, all with 6MOA dots. They are easy to see and track.