Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do I Disengage Slide Lock For Taran/Grams Follower

Hawk21

11 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

Need Advice on where to File / Dremel / Hacksaw on the Slide Stop to prevent lock back with 1 round in the magazine.  Thanks in Advance!

Easier to just modify the followers. 

Take the side off the gun, insert a mag.  See where the follower is contacting the slide stop, and remove that material. 

Hey Hawk,

its your gun / parts, so obviously the Gina decision is yours, but it’s way easier and cheaper if you mess up to buy a new follower than it is to buy a new slide stop and fit it. 

Mall you need to do on the followers is sand/file away the circled area in the picture. Then just make sure the slide stop clears the follower and you’re all set. 

Beat of luck

9448EB92-FE13-419F-B1F5-D151439C78BD.jpeg

This article from Brazos guns explains how to modify your slide stop and followers.  http://brazoscustom.com/magart/0505.htm Personally, I just buy the modified slide stop from Brazos which is already modified, thereby keeping the original in case I ever want to shoot L10(a NY thing). http://www.1911store.com/slidestopbcgperformancetuned.aspx 

Well guys thanks all for the advice.  My current mags have the follower modification but after having some FTF issues I’m changing springs and followers.....figured it easier to modify the slide stop than over half dozen followers.  I’ll check out Brazos site and then decide what makes most sense. 

On 7/31/2019 at 2:52 PM, Hawk21 said:

Well guys thanks all for the advice.  My current mags have the follower modification but after having some FTF issues I’m changing springs and followers.....figured it easier to modify the slide stop than over half dozen followers.  I’ll check out Brazos site and then decide what makes most sense. 

I have modified the Grams followers for 9 magazines in rapid succession.  The first one takes the longest to find out exactly how much material to take off, but after that, it's just doing the same thing again 8 more times.  I used the corner of my bench grinding wheel to cut the small notch and an X-Acto knife to clean up the area.  Probably took me about 10 minutes for the first one and about 10 more minutes to do the remaining 8.

Attached is a before (front) and after (rear) image.

Followers.jpg