Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-gun Match Info

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Teaser...

Have visited the range and it is looking really nice. Brinson Range (its current name until paperwork is completed to change the name for an AMU Coach-alumni and Distinguished Service Cross awardee) was, until not too long ago a plain rutted and gullied field. It is now four 25 x 25-meter bays, four 25 x 50 meter bays, a 200-meter carbine/rifle bay, and a chronograph bay with nice grass. Everything is within easy walking distance (the bays are literally dress-right dressed the way the Army likes them).

Without giving anything away, you are going to do things in this match civilians haven't done before in competition. Cool stuff. Hopefully fun stuff. Not necessarily ninja stuff, but bring cameras (you'll dig it). I like the way Hamp has not posted the courses (some of the stuff you ain't going to be able to rehearse anyways).

Hamp, Travis, Max, Greg, Robbie, Joe, and Jim (and some Ranger Indoctrination Program studs) have been putting in buckets of elbow grease to get the props up. There will be an AMU Shop truck on-station if your favorite Roscoe bites the dust (no custom work, just emergency repairs to get you back in the fight).

I think the farthest rifle shot is only 300 meters (limited by range space), so shoot what you brung.

OK Ft Benning

If this match is as much fun as you say it's going to be, you'll have to call Special Forces to get me out of there. MP's wont get it, you'll need the real thing. I think you guys need someone to try out the stages before the match. You know, work the bugs out of them. I know their will be a lot of hard work involved, but I guess as long as I'm local I'll have to do it for you. :( So give me a call and I'll make myself do it. :(

Ronnie

The round count will be 116 pistol, 152 rifle, 70 birdshot, and 26 slug. Please realize there will be some difficult shots and you may miss...a lot, so bring extra. If you are in the pistol class plan on 250 rounds.

Key to the weapons issue is that it must be in a locked case OR in a case and NOT in reach of the driver or front passenger. If you are in an SUV they must be cased but as long as they are in the cargo area you will be ok. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT, just put a lock on it.

Thanks for the support Sinister, never thought I would see you here! :ph34r:

If you are staying at the match hotel just call them and let them know you will be sending package and they will recieve and hold for you.

Ronnie, mhearn WOULD KILL ME :blink: so we are letting a few groups of knuckle draggers work the issues out.

Sinister it is great to see you posting here. I read your reply to Air over on the PS boards and was impressed with what you guys are doing with that match.

BTW, thanks for living on the tip of the spear.

I'm here too,

Thanks Sinister for putting me in touch with Hamp, looks like it's going to be a kick ass match. I have a bud who would like to come along as a spectator as well, he will not have any firearms, should he have any issues getting on post? We will be in the same rent car BTW.

Wow, at least 3 PS.com folks on a Competition based Board, TS and NDD will wig out when they find this out :D

I took it upon myself to make sure the Waffle House across the street from the Holiday Inn will have extra help Saturday & Sunday morning, so we can get in and out a lot faster. The extra staff will be there from 05:00 till 07;00. If anyone wants to know, a few of us are eating Catfish Firday night & Steak & Ribs Saturday night. Let me know if you think you want to go.

Ronnie

Hey Ronnie, Is there a Cracker Barrel close by? Count me in for the steak & ribs on sat......

Remember to bring an extra case of ammo for the shotgun side events. We will try to have 3 or 4 stages (if we have enough space) plus the speed shoot.

thanks, Karl @ GT

Is there a Cracker Barrel close by??!! Man, this is GEORGIA! If there's an interstate anywhere close, then of COURSE there's a Cracker Barrel.

Somewhat related: Rules for Getting Around in Atlanta:

1. There are dozens of "Peachtree's"! You gotta be specific, and THAT often isn't good enough.:blink:

2. Never, EVER, accept directions that include anything like "turn left at the waffle house". They have one of THOSE on EVERY street corner. :lol:

Edited by wgnoyes

Sinister it is great to see you posting here. I read your reply to Air over on the PS boards and was impressed with what you guys are doing with that match.

BTW, thanks for living on the tip of the spear.

I'm here too,

Thanks Sinister for putting me in touch with Hamp, looks like it's going to be a kick ass match. I have a bud who would like to come along as a spectator as well, he will not have any firearms, should he have any issues getting on post? We will be in the same rent car BTW.

Wow, at least 3 PS.com folks on a Competition based Board, TS and NDD will wig out when they find this out :D

I wondered how long it would take for you to show up. BTW there is more than 3 ps folks floating around these parts some are just better at hiding than others. :ph34r:

There is a Cracker Barrel here. It's not real close to the hotel, it's about 10 min's away. For the record the Catfish is normally great, it's the only place I'll eat Catfish around here. Ezell's Catfish all you can eat & the best Hushpuppys you've ever had.

Shooter Ready Chow Down

Ronnie

We can do that, We'll probably leave around 7:30pm. This will give everyone as much time as possible to look over the stages and get a shower if needed. It will also give Ezells time to sell all of their precooked fish so we can get ours fresh from the pot. If you eat at a place enough you will learn how to time it right. It will be easy to find. Turn right from the parking lot, Go to the first red light past Bill Heard Chevrolet turn left, Ezells is about 600 yards on the left. Dont eat lunch, you'll want the room. Saturday night I thought we could go to Logans, it's acrossed the street from the hotel. The hotel has a lounge for spirits. If you need more than spirits the Platinum Club is acrossed the street behind the Waffle House (WALK DONT DRIVE).

Ronnie

Hello Folks,

Just registered on the forum.

Looking forward to the shoot. I've shot a few and organized a few and this one sounds like it should be more than a little entertaining.

Does anybody have an idea what time we will finish on Sunday? I need to make flight arrangments. I'm not sure if I can make it back to Atlanta that night or wait till Monday morning.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you'all.

joe