Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying to get a 9mm barrel to convert a 2011 in 38 super

fieryotaku

Interesting. I haven't seen one with a lower lug system like that.  Hopefully someone who has will come along and help you.

Who made the gun?  Is there a 'brand' name on it?  Like STI or Infinity or something.  If so, you could ask them as they might recognize it.

Good luck.

6 hours ago, superdude said:

Interesting. I haven't seen one with a lower lug system like that.  Hopefully someone who has will come along and help you.

Who made the gun?  Is there a 'brand' name on it?  Like STI or Infinity or something.  If so, you could ask them as they might recognize it.

Good luck.

Briley made the barrel but they don't have anything like it on their site currrently

Call them up and talk to a human.  They might have one left. 

I had a Jarvis linkless barrel put in a gun.  It did not perform so I converted it back to standard.  But if I had not had a machinist and a gunsmith who worked cheap out of curiosity, it would not have been worth the trouble. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

Call them up and talk to a human.  They might have one left. 

I had a Jarvis linkless barrel put in a gun.  It did not perform so I converted it back to standard.  But if I had not had a machinist and a gunsmith who worked cheap out of curiosity, it would not have been worth the trouble. 

how would I go about converting it to a normal linked barrel?  I called them and they said they would get Claudio the guy who probably made the gun originally to look into it but if I can convert back to a regular barrel that would be great.

My Jarvis got a piece of steel pinned into the mortise for the camming system, and contoured into a conventional feed ramp.

I don't know what it would take on your Briley which cams against the frame and, as I recall, a relocated slide stop, rather like a S&W instead of the Jarvis which is more like a Peters Stahl. 

See what Claudio has to say.

Edited by Jim Watson

Agree on the Briley "diagnosis".  I remember when they offered that.  Obviously the most likely solution would be to talk to Briley and see if you get lucky.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes, as I have seen one of their pistols for sale at a nice price, but I deliberately held off because I wasnt sure it could be re-barreled 

if/when needed.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, fieryotaku said:

how would I go about converting it to a normal linked barrel?  I called them and they said they would get Claudio the guy who probably made the gun originally to look into it but if I can convert back to a regular barrel that would be great.

Claudio is generally the right guy to talk to there if you can get to him.

1 hour ago, caspian guy said:

Claudio is generally the right guy to talk to there if you can get to him.

when I asked he told me to just build a new frame as by the time I welded and re machined it it would be too cost prohibitive.  I ended up just getting a Hex tac 5.0 in 9mm as a second 2011 one of the limited model ones in FDE and OD green will be picking it up next Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, Hany said:

Agree on the Briley "diagnosis".  I remember when they offered that.  Obviously the most likely solution would be to talk to Briley and see if you get lucky.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes, as I have seen one of their pistols for sale at a nice price, but I deliberately held off because I wasnt sure it could be re-barreled 

if/when needed.

Unfortunately they don't make the barrels anymore I will have to build another frame and slide.   I ended up just getting a Hex tac 5.0 in 9mm as a second 2011 one of the limited model ones in FDE and OD green will be picking it up next Wednesday.