Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow2 - lightened slide for CO - recoil

SergioSF

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little guidance please.

I had my Shadow 2 slide milled for optics and to make CO weight by Primary Machine. I'm thrilled with the results and the gun is only 43.1 oz.

I'm running the same 10# recoil spring as before the slide work. My load is Federal Syntech 150gr. 

Now, there's a bit more snappy recoil than before. Do I go heavier with the recoil spring? Or lighter? 

(yes, I'm gripping it harder 🤓)

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little guidance please.

I had my Shadow 2 slide milled for optics and to make CO weight by Primary Machine. I'm thrilled with the results and the gun is only 43.1 oz.

I'm running the same 10# recoil spring as before the slide work. My load is Federal Syntech 150gr. 

Now, there's a bit more snappy recoil than before. Do I go heavier with the recoil spring? Or lighter? 

(yes, I'm gripping it harder [emoji851])
If the dot is staying within the glass and returning to zero it's fine. It's about faster, accurate follow ups not soft shooting. it's minor you'll survive lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I kept using the 11lb recoil springs from my Production Shadow 2s in my CO cut one. I didn't notice much of a difference. Mine was cut by CZC. Not sure if the way different companies remove material from different places affects it any.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SergioSF said:

11.5# hammer spring. 

I tried the 8.5# but it felt a little bit kinda mushy. 

13# will slow the slide down a little bit more if you can tolerate the heavier DA pull

It will feel a little more snappy because the slide is moving back faster.  You will get used to it pretty quick.  

I use a 10 lb on mine but I would use several and see which works best for you.  I started with a 12 but was getting some dip as the slide returned so I moved down.  You can also mess around with bullet weights to take away some of that snap.  I personally like it, but I also came from open.  

It will feel a little more snappy because the slide is moving back faster.  You will get used to it pretty quick.  

I use a 10 lb on mine but I would use several and see which works best for you.  I started with a 12 but was getting some dip as the slide returned so I moved down.  You can also mess around with bullet weights to take away some of that snap.  I personally like it, but I also came from open.  

4 hours ago, chenault said:

OK, I planned on trying out different bullet and spring combos. Thanks!

I use a 10 lb on my carry optics guns, and on my production S2, and don't feel a ton of difference in recoil.  I haven't shot the Syntec, but I would try a different load to see if it makes a difference.  I suspect the syntec load is a better warmer than needed to make USPSA minor