Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan

urmaker45

What’s your guys thoughts on a Dawson crp Trojan 9 . I have a guy wanting to trade one for my cz shadow 2 that has all Cajun parts . His has extreme engineering trigger , Dawson mag , upgraded extractor , vz grips ,  Wilson combat bullit proof ambi . 5 Dawson mags . The gun runs flawlessly just wondering about if it’s eirth a even trade or how easy it would be to get my money back I know the shadow 2 would be easy to do that . I shoot both IDPA and uspsa so I know the shadow isn’t legal for IDPA that’s why I was trying to find a eagle in 9. But ran across this deal .

What’s your guys thoughts on a Dawson crp Trojan 9 . I have a guy wanting to trade one for my cz shadow 2 that has all Cajun parts . His has extreme engineering trigger , Dawson mag , upgraded extractor , vz grips ,  Wilson combat bullit proof ambi . 5 Dawson mags . The gun runs flawlessly just wondering about if it’s eirth a even trade or how easy it would be to get my money back I know the shadow 2 would be easy to do that . I shoot both IDPA and uspsa so I know the shadow isn’t legal for IDPA that’s why I was trying to find a eagle in 9. But ran across this deal .

sounds like a solid deal if you really want it. it would definitely serve your competition purposes. you could shoot SS minor im uspsa

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It’s a solid shooting gun has some holster wear but a low round count . How is it to move one of those what would you consider price for sell with those mods ? I’m not very familiar with the Trojan to know if a even trade is a good deal ?

It’s a solid shooting gun has some holster wear but a low round count . How is it to move one of those what would you consider price for sell with those mods ? I’m not very familiar with the Trojan to know if a even trade is a good deal ?
Gun is about $1500 new from Dawson when it was available. If you're looking at flipping the gun already then don't the deal. You'll just regret it later. Buy something else for IDPA.

It's a fair deal. Nobody's getting the better of anyone in that deal, which is how they should be. 

Here in California, the Shadow 2 is $2,300.00 or so, the Trojan $1,500.00. But in the free world, they're probably comparably priced. 

On 6/2/2019 at 2:42 PM, robertg5322 said:

It's a fair deal. Nobody's getting the better of anyone in that deal, which is how they should be. 

Here in California, the Shadow 2 is $2,300.00 or so, the Trojan $1,500.00. But in the free world, they're probably comparably priced. 

Wow that’s a insane price is it cause Of capacity in s2?

23 hours ago, davidb72 said:

My 9mm Trojans have been excellent. For a competition gun I don't think you can go wrong.

I could make a case that my Trojan in .40 is the best gun I've ever owned... and I've owned a lot of high end guns.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:49 PM, urmaker45 said:

Wow that’s a insane price is it cause Of capacity in s2?

It's because California has what they call the "frosted of Approved Handguns", which no manufacturer can get a semi-auto on unless it has microstamping ability. Which none do.

So cops and others who are exempt from said roster bring in two and sell one for twice price, making their gun free. 

I'll be out of the state in less than a year. Pity, geographically and climate-wise there's no better place in the world, but politically it sucks.

I have a Trojan in 40 and 45. 

Love them both. Would shoot those exclusively if I could. My 45 will eat anything and keep on chugging. High Primers/long loads/short loads/ backwards bullets/even shot a round once with no primer in it....thats just how good it is.

Love them both. Would shoot those exclusively if I could. My 45 will eat anything and keep on chugging. High Primers/long loads/short loads/ backwards bullets/even shot a round once with no primer in it....thats just how good it is.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

2 hours ago, Dutchman195 said:

Backwards bullets and no primers. That’s an epic Trojan!