Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my S2 Slide Back from CZC

GregJ

Got my S2 slide back from CZC, sent it in for their CO cut.  I like their optic plate cut because I did not want to be locked into a particular optic. It's still a little heavy, but with minor tweaking I can get it to make weight. 

I have a poly guide rod and LOC LW grips on the way.  The poly guide rod (.5 oz) alone should give me just enough.

I've already deleted the front sight post (only need one red dot in the window! :) ), and have the thin safeties on , so I am pretty confident it can make weight pretty easily.  If I need more I will swap the mag release with just a pin.

Below are some numbers for future reference.

S2 with DPP, thin safeties, no mag, 41.3 oz

With MG 17 rnd mag, hard chrome, ext bp, CZC follower/spring, (my preferred mag setup, 23+1), 45.1 oz 

With MG 17 rnd mag, hard chrome, +2 bp, 44.7 oz

With CZ 18 rnd mag, short bp, CZC follower/spring, 44.6 oz

With CZ 16 rnd mag,  long bp, 45.3 oz

IMG_0027.jpg

Curious why you guys are taking weight out of the frame (guiderod, light grips...) instead of further lightening to take an ounce out of the slide?

It’s legal in Carry Optics, you’re already building a dedicated non-production gun, and it helps the gun’s performance in recoil the most.

(Says the guy who milled his Walther slide for a dedicated DPP mount to get it ultra low, and took 3 ounces of meat out of the slide.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

19 minutes ago, BdelaFuente said:

awesome. what was your wait like? I just dropped mine off a couple weeks ago

About 4 weeks.  Stuart quoted 8 weeks lead time. 

16 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Curious why you guys are taking weight out of the frame (guiderod, light grips...) instead of further lightening to take an ounce out of the slide?

It’s legal in Carry Optics, you’re already building a dedicated non-production gun, and it helps the gun’s performance in recoil the most.

(Says the guy who milled his Walther slide for a dedicated DPP mount to get it ultra low, and took 3 ounces of meat out of the slide.)

That is a good question for Stuart at CZC, since they did the milling.  I suspect they could have easily taken another oz or two from the slide.  I would have preferred not to have to worry about shaving another ounce afterwards. 

52 minutes ago, kmanick said:

removing the front sight off of an S2 any issue? I had my slide milled by CZC as well and I don't use my front sight at all any more. 

No issues holding anything together or anything I'm not aware of?

The front sight rollpin holds the barrel bushing in place. Don't want to lose that. 

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I'm guessing because CZC takes whatever weight off, and people are left to chase the rest. I've heard CZC say they've chosen to do what they do for longevity, etc. 

There are just so many options out there that it's really easy to get lost in the sauce.

Personally, I just threw some LW lok grips (in a custom thickness I wanted anyway) and a TTI basepad on and I was good to go with a DPP. Ain't that hard. 

I sent in two SP-01 slides and had them back in 4 weeks as well, the plate system is great.

2 hours ago, reverse_edge said:

The front sight rollpin holds the barrel bushing in place. Don't want to lose that. 

You can remove the sight and re-install the roll pin that’s how I have both of my SP-01’s set up.

Edited by mveto