X5 vs Glock 34

apetrulis01

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/2/2019 at 9:14 PM, BillGarlandJr said:

SInce this post came out originally I have switched departments and found myself having to go back to Glocks for work. Being a guy who doesn’t like switching platforms between work and sport, I bought a Gen 5 Glock 34 MOS to shoot in USPSA. I love my P320s, but I have to tell you guys, I shoot the Gen 5 34 better. I made GM in Production with a Gen 3 34, and shooting the Gen 5 is like coming back home, but better. I think Glock definitely did some things right with the Gen 5. All that said though, I still dig my Sigs, and wouldn’t hesitate recommending them to someone looking for a pistol.....but dang are those Gen 5s good.

Alright, I have to confess that when I made the post above I was in the middle of making the switch as mandated by my new department, and perhaps I was doing my best to convince myself the switch back to Glocks was a better thing than it was. Its by no means a bad thing, but the fact of the matter is I just shoot the 320 better. On a whim I grabbed my old 320 I carried for duty as I was walking out the door to go to some training, and without having shot a round through it in almost a year and a half I had one of my better shooting days in quite a while. The 320 points more naturally for me, the trigger is better, and the pistol just in general feels more solid. All that said, I do think the Gen 5 Glocks are an improvement, but they ain't no Sig P320......no matter how hard I may have tried to convince myself otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a Glock Fanboy for years.... I have several and have put WAY to much money into them...  On a whim, I bought a 320 X5 Legion. Out of the box, hands down the best gun I've ever put my hands on (other than an STI).  

To justify the money I've spent on Glock, I use my Gen4 34 in CO, and my P320 in LTD USPSA. 

• 1 month later...

I'm in the X5 (P226) camp solidly. My X5 is an alloy frame and it handles for me better than polymer. I'd like a steel frame even more. I also have a P226 ST with the SRT and I know how much difference it would make in the X5.

Edited by gnappi

• 4 weeks later...

Accuracy is comparable. The recoil comes down to your grip. I too have shot Glocks for years and that is my comfort zone. The sig does recoil differently, that's not to say its worse, it just feels different than the glock. Likely because of the bore axis.