Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

swingers and turners

Danny:

I made three swingers and two drop turners for our local club. The swingers are way too fast. I don't have any plans for the swingers but I saw some once and I'll look around.  The drop turners were made following the plans in the club manual from USPSA and they work pretty good. The toughest part is twisting the strap iron to get the right turn rate and amount of fall.

• 2 years later...

Try:

GT Targets

MGM Targets

Both support the shooting sports, in particular they support Action Shooting.

You can't make them as good unless you are already set up to do the cutting and have a source of hard steel.

Jim

• 3 years later...

I need some advice on how to speed up some swingers. We have a couple that are nice and heavy duty, but very slow. I don't have photos handy but they are the standard T shape with the leg of the T reaching from the pivot point almost to the base. Any thoughts on the best way to speed them up? Should I add weight to the pendulum, shorten the pendulum moving the weight higher, some combination of both? Any tips before I fire up the torch would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Thanks Shred. I'll give it a shot.

I did look at the FreeIdaho (is Idaho in jail and no one told me?) site before, and I like some of the guys ideas like the chain activated swinger, but he doesn't give any indication of weights, etc. I don't like his base design at all but he said he was redesigning that. Still, it would be useful if I were building from scratch but it's not really what I need in order to modify mine.