Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley Prizm Golf vs TR22

Bravo_Victor

Has anyone compared these 2 for shooting outdoors? My TR22 lenses pretty much got destroyed and im looking for replacements. Ive see a couple guys here say they use the Prizm Golf lenses over TR22 and 45’s. FYI I shoot Open for the most part. 

Have you looked at the prism Dark Golf? I just looked at a fair of flank 2.0 with them in there and I actually like the Dark Golf better then the TR22. The only way to get the Dark Golf is to order them online because they aren’t available in stores yet as replacement lenses.

1 hour ago, Gomar83 said:

Have you looked at the prism Dark Golf? I just looked at a fair of flank 2.0 with them in there and I actually like the Dark Golf better then the TR22. The only way to get the Dark Golf is to order them online because they aren’t available in stores yet as replacement lenses.

I wasnt aware they were a thing. Im trying to get lenses off OakleySI website and they dont have TR22 as replacement lenses but they have the regular Golf. Everything they have is limited and dont carry every Oakley Product. Only way i can get the Tr22 or 45 is if i buy all new glasses but my frames are fine.  

1 hour ago, Gomar83 said:

Are you already set up and approved for the SI web sight? I find it best to call and chat with them. What model of glasses are you wanting lenses for?

Yeah ive been using them for years. Im looking for the Flak 2.0 XL lenses. They have regular Golf but i might give them a call. 

7 hours ago, bigboy69 said:

I would use Prizm ROAD over the golf for shooting.

You dont like the 45's??? Thats what I use exclusively. 

Never tried the 45’s only the 22’s but from what i understand arent the 45’s more for low light and/or indoor? I primarily need something for outdoors. 

I've got 45s and 22s. The 45s are nowhere near dark enough for me outdoors, I use them exclusively indoors where they are great. I use 22s outdoors for all but the most obnoxiously bright days, then I use black Iridium polarized. 

1 hour ago, MikeRussell said:

I've got 45s and 22s. The 45s are nowhere near dark enough for me outdoors, I use them exclusively indoors where they are great. I use 22s outdoors for all but the most obnoxiously bright days, then I use black Iridium polarized. 

I do have brand new BIP lenses myself i use for everyday usage but i like the contrast the Prizms give me for shooting. I just dont know how BIP would look with a dot

I got the TR22, TR45,  Daily Prizm Polarized, Black Iridium polarized and Ballistic M frames (with clear, Vr28 and gray lenses). I use the TR45 for low light, TR22 for bright light and Daily Prizm polarized for really bright days and the Black Iridium polarized for driving.

I tried the Black Iridium polarized for really bright days but the contrast is lacking compared to the Daily Prizm polarized lens. The Daily Prizm polarized makes the red dot stand out more in very bright sun and the background compared to the Black Iridium polarized.

12 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Never tried the 45’s only the 22’s but from what i understand arent the 45’s more for low light and/or indoor? I primarily need something for outdoors. 

I've tried the 22's but to me seem to dark, So I  use 45's exclusively. Now, I just bought an old VR 28 lens that I'm trying, that is in between the 22 and the 45. It seems to be good, just have to shoot with it more.

12 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

I always use the 45 outside no matter how bright it is. If you want something for low light shooting, not well lit indoors, look at the low light Prizm lens

I definitely prefer the TR45 over the TR22's.  The only time I go darker is when the sun is just over the berm in Frostproof.  The more light transmission the better in my opinion, but the TR45's still provide some darkening compared to clear or the Prizm low lights.  I find the Golf and the TR45 lenses are very comparable with the Golf having a bit less light transmission.