Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you DQ an RO?

Diver123

Anyone could break the 180 so should everyone be DQ'd because of something that might happen but didn't?

Yes the target was a few feet downrange of the firearm but it was not in front of the muzzle, it was to the far side. No different than holding gun high and putting your hand forward of but not in front of the muzzle to open a door or port. Should that warrant a DQ too?

I'd be on your side if it was a loaded start, but it wasn't.

12 hours ago, Jeff226 said:

I am having a hard time stirring up sufficient worry over an empty gun lying on a barrel. 

It’s what keeps our sport so safe. If you can’t see that then you may not be a good fit for shooting games with rules.

37 minutes ago, Sarge said:

It’s what keeps our sport so safe. If you can’t see that then you may not be a good fit for shooting games with rules.

do you worry about an empty gun sitting on the safe table ? 

Would you want to get out in front of *any* gun? 
Forward of does not mean in front of. Again the target was 20 feet or more to the right and only about two feet forward of the barrel it was sitting on.

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

This sport is safe in large part due to common sense and a good bit of luck as there are many questionable things permitted/not prohibited by the rules that certainly aren't offset by an unhealthy fear of an empty gun resting on a barrel.  

If you are one of those obedient rules/laws make us safe guys then you are probably not qualified to figure out where I am a good fit.

10 hours ago, broadside72 said:

do you worry about an empty gun sitting on the safe table ? 

I said that in the context of people being in front of it. Is that not what we are talking about now? I don’t like being in front of guns no matter their ready condition or location

8 hours ago, Jeff226 said:

This sport is safe in large part due to common sense and a good bit of luck as there are many questionable things permitted/not prohibited by the rules that certainly aren't offset by an unhealthy fear of an empty gun resting on a barrel.  

If you are one of those obedient rules/laws make us safe guys then you are probably not qualified to figure out where I am a good fit.

You’d be amazed at what I’ve figured out about you already.😉

I don’t have a fear of an empty or loaded gun laying on a barrel but I do have a fear of getting downrange of either.

I said that in the context of people being in front of it. Is that not what we are talking about now? I don’t like being in front of guns no matter their ready condition or location
I'm not sure why the discussion has moved to being in front of the gun when it never happened in this incident, but it is the internet.. If you want to talk hypotheticals, then go ahead.

6 hours ago, broadside72 said:
9 hours ago, Sarge said:

I'm not sure why the discussion has moved to being in front of the gun when it never happened in this incident, but it is the internet.. If you want to talk hypotheticals, then go ahead.

Incompetent RO'ing....an RO should NEVER leave a shooter unattended when something is to be fixed downrange, and SHOULD have the shooter unload, show clear and holster before anyone goes downrange......poor safety practices are just as dangerous in club matches as major matches and should be handled the same way by any RO

7 hours ago, broadside72 said:
10 hours ago, Sarge said:

The discussion started with the OP saying RO’s were fixing a target. In this case all targets were downrange of shooter. So that puts people downrange of gun on barrel. 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:20 PM, Jeff226 said:

I am having a hard time stirring up sufficient worry over an empty gun lying on a barrel. 

And next time it could be a loaded gun.................Do you worry then...

You can not DQ an RO.  There are things you can do.  (1) CALL RM or MD immediately.  He/She will take appropriate action.  (2) You can file a RO Complaint with DNROI.

12 hours ago, Sarge said:

I don’t like being in front of guns no matter their ready condition or location

You must have a hard time shopping at the gun store with all of those handguns pointing at you in the display case or dealing with all of those bagged/cased guns lasering you on the way to the safe table.

Edited by Jeff226

1 hour ago, Jeff226 said:

You must have a hard time shopping at the gun store with all of those handguns pointing at you in the display case or dealing with all of those bagged/cased guns lasering you on the way to the safe table.

1 hour ago, Jeff226 said:

Gun shops don’t have a rulebook with chapter 10. 

By our rules cased/holstered guns are inert. I don’t have a problem until they are out and can be manipulated.

Come on, I can do this all day.🙄