Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA AUTOMATIC BRASS MARKER

PhillySoldier

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lube pistol brass with One Shot, and as DA stated it doesn't help, but does work.  I tend to not touch the rounds for a bit after striping to give the stripes plenty of time to dry, otherwise they can smear a bit.  I also let lubed brass dry for 15 min at least before dumping into the feeder regardless.

To be honest, if I had it to do all over again, I probably would not buy.  It's a neat little unit, but just doesn't work well for my setup, ie my bench design.  I also catch pretty much any brass I would be marking with a CMM brass catcher, so it's not as critical for me.  I don't even pick up 9mm any more it can be bought so cheap - plus I have so much stockpiled.  I do pick up 45, but I don't bother marking it, although I might on my next 45 run.  As of now I"m really only marking 10mm, just b/c I hate hate hate leaving any 10mm brass behind :).

Suggestions for version 2...  As always, it's a cost vs features issue, so some of the decisions do make sense, but I would look at the following...

* Make the unit a bit heavier.  I get why they wanted it to be lightweight, but it's almost too light.  Since you have to have a good amount of speed for the bullet flipper to have any effect, the unit bounces around a bit every time a round comes at it.

* Clean up the appearance a bit - right now it looks like a garage project that got pushed into production without any aesthetic input - the exposed motor and wires, plus the drive train, and the all plastic construction, and the noise it makes - it almost has a toy-like appearance really.  Also better wiring/connections - the wires are always coming loose.

* Put some more research into the bullet flipping mechanism.  That seems to be the most common complaint.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love this device but I agree with many original posters that regular sharpie simply doesn't work and I was very frustrated for over a week when I first got it. I tried the Range Panda device and I had no luck with that. Shortly after I upgraded to the Brush Tip Sharpie Markers and put tape around the marker thick enough that it stopped the O ring from sliding and this solved any issue I had with the machine. I have marked over 2,000 rounds with it and it produces thick consistent lines every time. I highly recommend this device and using these markers below with tape above the O ring once you get your height and you won't have any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie-1810704-Permanent-Markers-Assorted/dp/B006W0HQ54/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=brush+tip+sharpie&qid=1577806526&sr=8-1

• 3 months later...

Is that tape you used around the brush tip marker?  I just bought some but figured they are a bit thicker in body that the ones that come with the machine. But not as big as to fill the hole without the inserts.