Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore holding zero

Glock17open

After a couple of match's my zero on my cmore start to drift. Is there an solution to this problem.  I don't have much time during the week for practice and resighting the cmore. Any suggestions on getting it to hold it's zero.

If slide ride you could send it in to cmore for repair. Aluminum cmores hold zero better and dont strip out as easily as the polymer. And I’m not just saying that because I have one for sale right now. 

For windage

remove it from the mount, under the body you’ll see the windage screw and a metal block

back off the windage a set number of turns and put a drop of blue loctite on the screw and screw it back to “zero”

remount and rezero

I would use thread locker instead of Loctite.  That way you can still make adjustments if necessary, and it will stay in place after you do.  Do not goop it on.  A little bit is all you need.

That is a great tip I never thought of or read that before. I have a busted polymer click switch I have benched and eventually planned on sending it in for repair because the windage lock screw doesnt do much locking anymore. I will have to do this mod and keep it as a spare!

Edited by Shmella

Dave Re put some stuff together a while back on the care and feeding of the slideride. Check out the linked articles here:

ETA: Blue locktite works just fine... 😉

Edited by ChuckS