Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 SW 180 gr blue bullets and Titegroup data

BOISCOID

Here's a fairly comprehensive pdf of data on 180gr Bluebullets and titegroup.    

Gun is a 5'' eagle.

If you would like the work sheet for personal uses, pm me your email.   All you should have to do is enter velocities and change your bullet grains as needed, and the file will do the rest of the math for you. 

(disclaimer: be safe, don't be a dumb, use at your own risk, etc.)

40 SW TITEGroup pdf.pdf

2 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Isn’t titegroup not advised with coated/polymer bullets?

I havent read read anything from either manufacturers stating do not use as a combination, however people have a lot of issues with it smoking.  Personally didn’t have troubles with it during the 80rds of testing and the live fire practice afterwords. 

I will I’ll be switching to sport pistol if I can ever get my hands on it. 

36 minutes ago, meeesterpaul said:

Anyone load these shorter?

I have some powder coated bullets from Kings that I'll be trying with Titegroup at 1.125"

After I Chrono them I'll bring some info back here.

I load 180 blues at that oal but haven’t tried Titegroup. HP38 and Sport Pistol so far. Both worked great.

I'm running them in my Glock 35 with stock barrel at 1.14" when I hit 1.145" I was starting to hit the lands.

4.3-4 of TG.

Haven't chronoed yet but thinking I will be 170-175.  Hope to in 2 weeks but have shot 1k of them so far and they shoot pretty good.  I get some fouling the first 1" or so of the barrel then its pretty clean after that.  I'm attributing that to the TG burning so hot.  Have 8lbs of TG left then I want to try out Sport Pistol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, meeesterpaul said:

Anyone load these shorter?

I have some powder coated bullets from Kings that I'll be trying with Titegroup at 1.125"

After I Chrono them I'll bring some info back here.

I did load shorter 1.130 just to try out. My power factor went from 169 to 176. I switched out my 40 mags in my SS gun to 10mm mags and loaded them long again.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, KTMTIM said:

I was looking for some solid load data for Titegroup. Using a 185g Precision coated RNFP. This will get me really close.

I'm running a STI Edge 5"

Thanks!!

With that brand I did get much more smoke with TG. I switched to wst and n320.