Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer or P Match Tanfo modding for Production ??

himurax13

Has anyone upgraded the Polymer or P Match Tanfos yet? What did you install and how did it turn out? I am fighting the urge to turn one of my compacts into a CO gun, LOL.

Edited by himurax13

Has anyone upgraded the Polymer or P Match Tanfos yet? What did you install and how did it turn out?

I think Stoeger is one of the only people to have them in the US so far, if not maybe a few people. He talked about them on his podcast, had his done by Practically Perfect Performance I believe. I’d check them out or call and see if the polymer poses any limitations or significant differences to the steel frames for action jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be interesting. I shot with a guy at SC Sectional that had a full size polymer Tanfo (newer ones) for carry optics. He said he liked it, but I didn’t inquire too much about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the Polymer competition frame guns. [emoji6] 

They’re 2/3s the price of a Stock II.

https://grabagun.com/eaa-corp-witness-p-match-9mm-4-75.html

Well, 2/3 of $960 is $640. So it's just a wee bit less. default_wink.png 

I picked up few Witness-P models for less than half of that. The ergos don't seem to be too bad at that price point.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Ok, I think one of the reasons why we don't get more threads on here about carry guns or polymer guns in general is that people argue over what they are confused about. Polymer match and polymer match pro guns are generally in the $650 range. Regular large frame polymer guns are usually about $450, and the cone-lock p carry models are about $500, depending on location and caliber, based on demand at the time. Only used polymer and small frame polymer guns tend to ever sell in the $300 range.

It seems there is very little information/feedback out there on the polymer guns.  I was curious if the front sights on them were fixed like the cheaper EAA steel guns but couldn't even google up an answer to that.

It seems there is very little information/feedback out there on the polymer guns.  I was curious if the front sights on them were fixed like the cheaper EAA steel guns but couldn't even google up an answer to that.

They sight are fixed on the regular polymer guns.

I don't know about the P-Match versions.

*EDIT* The P-Match front sights can be swapped out like the Match Elite and other high end models.

It seems that nearly all of the Tanfo Clones are. The only real exception I can think of is the K2 45 and the Jericho 941.

I can't believe that the Polymer Frame guns sell for over $450 when older steel frames can be found for similar pricing.

I purchased a Witness P Match Pro 9mm a few months ago. I'm a range safety officer at a local indoor range and I shoot the small bullseye league we have. I wanted to get a decent pistol, but I didn't want to pay more than my ability to shoot (no reason to get a $2,000 pistol at my skill level). I'm not at your level yet. I enjoy shooting it.

Why did I get the polymer instead of the steel? I wasn't familiar with the product line, and again my skills are minimal so I didn't see the difference between polymer and steel as important for my shooting. So far, I put in an 8 lb Wolff recoil and I polished the rails and slide parts per MM's video. Recoil is very smooth with the 8 lb and I can keep my sights on the target much easier than with the factory spring.

I bought a Xtreme Titan hammer, one-piece sear, base pads, and bolo from PD. I bought a .150 x .095 Dawson front sight. None of this will be installed for another 2 months (I want to finish the current league before messing with the pistol.

I'm looking forward to using the P Match Pro for practical shooting. I've not shot USPSA, etc. yet. Here is a picture of the front sight. I believe it is the standard factory sight for EAA/Tanfoglio. 

Ask me anything you would like about the P Match Pro. I'll do my best to answer and/or provide pictures. 

uc?export=download&id=1ceUYryd7du9VLcwb5

Thanks Rugby, it is nice to know that the sights can be upgraded. It irritates me that Tanfoglio still makes slides without front dovetails.

I wonder if the P-Match slides are compatible with the Large steel frames and their magazines.

I don't even recall if anybody even makes tritium sights for the Tanfoglio dovetails.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

@himurax13 even their dovetailed guns are crap as far as sight mounting; why on earth they don’t use a lateral dovetail is beyond me; why have the axis the sight recoils in... in line with the direction only the set screw is holding?!

Everyone else does it laterally, and yes tanfos lose dawson front sights often if you don’t keep an eye on them.

While I can't disagree, there is also no reason that sig should use one sight dovetail, Glock a totally different setup, a Beretta another, and at least two major types used for 1911s. There is no standard in the industry, so it makes no sense to complain about one manufacturer not sticking to something that doesn't exist. I have the same argument about mags. I'd really like my double stack 9mm 92 mags to fit  Glock, a sig, etc.

I added red loctite under my front sight after the set screw worked loose as I didn’t ever check it and dropped the sight.

Fortunately found it on the stage.

I don’t see it coming off again.

Edited by goshimu

I actually liked how the Tanfoglio front sight works as it let me easily install Dawsons.  I always farm out sight installs but at least the Tanfoglio design is more user-serviceable.

Being fairly new to the guns I guess I'll see if one flies out on me eventually but I'm a low round count high maintenance kind of user.