Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KUDOs to Dillon Precision!

5 years ago I bought a complete 650XL setup including casefeeder, mounting brackets, tool set, etc - the works.  Over teh last 5 years I've needed teh odd part replaced and as any of you who own a 650XL know, their lifetime warrenty is unrivaled.  A week & a half ago while cranking out ammo in prep for 6 days of shooting with Ben Stoeger the main arm just sheared of.  the press has close to 200,000 rds through it and has been worked hard.  called them up to see if they had a 'tune-up service' since replacing that part was not straight forward & other parts could use replacing as well.  sure enough that have that service so I packed it up & sent it off.

well today a box from Dillon shows up and its a BRAND NEW 650XL.

All i can say is if you're getting ready to get into relaoding, look no further than Dillon & specifically the 650XL - you will not be sorry!

Just fantastic customer support ....

Same thing here. I had 12 turnaround and my old shoes are new. I’ve commented before about how valuable Dillon is to what we do. I can’t imagine the state of things without them. Kudos doesn’t do Dillon Precision justice.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:02 PM, Nimitz said:

A week & a half ago while cranking out ammo in prep for 6 days of shooting with Ben Stoeger the main arm just sheared of.

Dillon CS is amazing.  Now tell us how the BS class went?  6 days is a lot of shooting.

it goes the way it ALWAYS goes .....

Ben comes out, holds several classes & just yells at me for 4-6 straight days .... apparently he can't remember that I am a 3-division GM .... :)

been doing this with him since 2015 .... apparently the weather is nicer here in Florida that Wisconsin ....

On 3/22/2019 at 6:33 AM, Nimitz said:

it goes the way it ALWAYS goes .....

Ben comes out, holds several classes & just yells at me for 4-6 straight days .... apparently he can't remember that I am a 3-division GM .... :)

been doing this with him since 2015 .... apparently the weather is nicer here in Florida that Wisconsin ....

After my class with Ben, I told my buddy and fellow Stoeger classmate that I should have taken the money I spent on class and bought a nice box of cigars and a good bottle of bourbon.  And I  would have enjoyed the cigars and liquor and I would still have the illusion that I was good shooter.

• 1 month later...

I just went through their repair/rebuild service with a 550 that was my first Dillon bought back in the early 80s.  I got it used from a friend that had chewed on the frame a bit in order to get an aftermarket case feeder installed.  The modification didn't affect the integrity of the frame but it looked ugly.  Anyway, after tens of thousands of rounds it was getting loose and so I sent it in.  I assumed Dillon would go ahead and upgrade the frame while it was there.

They returned it with several parts replaced, cleaned, adjusted and tight.  They just repainted the old frame.  That's okay but I was hoping that they would have gone ahead and installed the new C upgrade.  I've read quite a few posts over the years from guys that sent in a machine in similar condition and received a brand new machine in return.  That wasn't my luck but, to be fair, I got the service that I paid for.

This isn't a Dillon bashing post.  I run 4 550s and love the machines and the company.  Just be advised that you may or not be a lucky one that receives an upgraded machine if you send and old one in for repair.  I made an assumption that mine would be upgraded which was wrong.  I've gone ahead and ordered the upgraded frame but wish I would have done that instead of sending it in.  

• 2 years later...