Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 Degree Safety Selector - Worthwhile for PCC?

I like the Elfman push button safety. Easy reach, my thump is right there. No dual levers for ambi use. Very smooth but solid function. For consistency, i’ve Installed them on all my AR platforms, including PCC. The only drawback is I’ve had to demonstrate the function to a couple of ROs, who weren’t sure I engaged the safety. 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:09 PM, ferch said:

Inwould imagine the Hiperswitch would be compatible with the hiperfire trigger.  It's a 60 degree throw, and I like the one on my pcc...

The Hiperswitch does, in fact, work with Hiperfire triggers.  I'm running one with with a 24C on my AR - seems to work well so far.  It has a 60deg throw and is ambidextrous.  

• 6 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, mstamper said:

I had the Radian on my blowback pcc using a Hiperfire 24-3g and a 24c trigger. never had any issues.

I am shooting a SIG Mpx now with a 90 degree ambi safety. 

the reason I went to a 45 degree safety was that coming off the belt, several times I had not fully gotten the safety to the fire position. Once I changed over that went away.

So far, on the MPX I have only had it happen 2x. In USPSA, that time lost re-engaging the safety can be the difference between a top 10 finish or not.

I will most likely be moving over to the radian on my MPX as soon as I can get more cash together.

Does the talon work on the mpx with a hiperfire eclipse? I bought a strike industries and it won't install and function at all.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, Badger663 said:

Does the talon work on the mpx with a hiperfire eclipse? I bought a strike industries and it won't install and function at all.

I can not answer that. I am still using the stock ambi safety that came with the gun

• 3 years later...

Thinking about trying a V7 on my primary PCC. I normally equip all of my AR style guns with the simple mil spec style ambi selector (CMMG) but notice my right thumb doesn’t always hit the selector when the timer goes off. +1 on the 90 degree vs 45/57. I’m ex military and my middle aged brain is too used to 90 degree manual of arms.

• 4 months later...