Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm brass question

Face5535

A long while ago I had a 10mm so I bought a bunch of 10mm brass at a gunshow.  Years went by and I recently opened the boxes to look them over and clean them up.  I noticed some odd lines in the brass... no clue what they are?

Is this normal?  Safe to lead? 

Anyone seen this before...  looking to be schooled on this!

Thanks guys!

45408096-00D9-4CA0-A24A-2D533C9A92C8.jpeg

A long while ago I had a 10mm so I bought a bunch of 10mm brass at a gunshow.  Years went by and I recently opened the boxes to look them over and clean them up.  I noticed some odd lines in the brass... no clue what they are?

Is this normal?  Safe to lead? 

Anyone seen this before...  looking to be schooled on this!

Thanks guys!
45408096-00D9-4CA0-A24A-2D533C9A92C8.thumb.jpeg.dc53ca6ceec0cfe766a37ea5cb323dd2.jpeg
Looks like crimp lines

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep,  HK  MP5.  The FBI used/uses them and I used to get some fired brass from them training out at our local range. I had some that had already split on the first firing but if they are not then clean them and load them. I had a few develop splits along the flute lines but it was free brass to me.   

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WmKerle said:

I got some brass that looked like that .... I ran it through a Redding GRx die first and had no problems loading it afterwards. I never really knew what it was shot out of .... but an HK sounds ok to me. 

Its been fine... been loading em up and no issues at this point!

That's a good thing . Are you using a GRx die ? I run all my .40 S&W and 10mm brass through  it before I load them. I get a lot of Glock brass from a range and it has the Glock smile on some of the .40 and 10mm I get.  I never tried it with out the GRx die. 

• 3 weeks later...