Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brace yourself...it's coming

Apolo

I really wondered if the rumors were true, and if I wanted to spread the info as I do not think they will last long, once stateside. I was informed from multiple individual's at shot show EAA was said to FINALLY bring in the Domina after much tease from the Italians. At Shot EAA claimed "within 6 months." I wanted to have a more definite answer so I went straight to the horse. I am still emailing further questions with "clay" about what price point and possible included accessories. It is a possibility it may come set up much like the GT X. Dot, Mount, Racker, grips, mag well ect. At this point I would like to believe it will actually happen....

Screenshot_2019-01-30-07-46-30.png

It looks like the dust cover is the standard length that's on the Limited gun, and then they notched out the comp to fit that frame.

Maybe they felt the gun shot a little flatter with the extra weight on the frame, who knows.

If people don't like the extra weight, they can remove some of that dust cover.

Why not? Domina is just a straight walled barrel. You could just use a domina comp, dill tap frame, and use probably any Tanfo comp by cuting cone portion off. Index off longer guide rod or pin it like Domina comp.

Can’t wait !  Wonder where ya got pic from lol!😜.  No poppel holes in barrel, significantly better comp design than GT , longer frame to keep muzzle rise to min, short slide for faster cycling.  This can be replicated as I dropped a GT upper in my limited frame. Either way I call first dibs!! 

14 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I dont believe you can just thread a barrel for a Domina Comp.  I was considering buying one a while back and Joe at PD said the Domina Comp requires a custom bushing to mate it to a barrel. 

This was based off using it in a gold team application...... since the domina does not have the required taper the gold team slide would require. 

This was my attempt at using a domina comp, seemed like it worked okay. It started life as a gold custom and the stock comps are not good with too many holes in them. I cut the cone off a V12 comp and mated it to the domina comp and worked it over in the mill and pinned it together. I switched to running 2011's in open and it just hangs out in the safe now. The bronze framed gun is a 40 caliber gun built with a turned down and threaded 6 inch barrel on a match frame and limpro slide. It has an enlarged, old style, Tanfo comp on it I purchased off a site known for having old gun parts.

gunz2.jpg