Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC with MP5 reloads Q

Downloading mags is pretty standard. Even Glock & MPX mags are a pain to seat beneath a closed bolt. With colt mags you may need a hammer.

It’s pretty common to extend your mags to 42-47 rounds or so then download by 2 for an unloadedd table start, so that they seat easily. You still have 8 spare rounds for a long USPSA stage, so you don’t have to shoot conservatively.

thanks Guys , i shoot with an HK94 and also with a 9mm AR but really like shooting the MP5 .

I noticed the biggest drawback is the reload but i think i just need to practice more....

I did add a Tac Latch from HK Parts and that already helped me out a lot because the push button is not ideal 

Edited by patrickbeijer
4 hours ago, patrickbeijer said:

thanks Guys , i shoot with an HK94 and also with a 9mm AR but really like shooting the MP5 .

I noticed the biggest drawback is the reload but i think i just need to practice more....

I did add a Tac Latch from HK Parts and that already helped me out a lot because the push button is not ideal 

I need to put a tac latch in mine (given what real original HK 94s cost in this country I just couldn't bring myself to modify it for the paddle release.)

It took me a fair ammount of practice to get a decent reload with it.   The curved mag and insertion angle coupled with tight mag well make it a bit of a chalange. I even played around some with the old original style straight stick mags (but they haven't ever been that reliable in my guns. ) I really need to see about designing and 3d printing a mag well for it, just haven't gotten around to it.

Edited by caspian guy
Just now, patrickbeijer said:

There is a guy in my country that makes mag wells for them that you can ''clip on''  i do not know if he does this commercially but some of my friends use it and looks very nice

Interesting I you have a link or picture I'd love to see it.