Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 1 3 Gun News

News! There will be a Heavy Metal Category at the match. To be "Heavy Metal" you will need to have a 308 or 30-06 (8mm will also be accepted, with the RM approval) rifle with max capacity of 20 rounds, a Pump Shotgun in 12 ga with no more than 8 rounds in the gun(mag and chamber), and a 44 or 45 pistol with a mag capacity of no more than 8 rounds.

Minimum Round Counts have been solidified: 90 rifle, 66 shotshell, 22 slugs, 102 pistol. The stages should be up on the web site very soon: http://www.nassonline.org/

We will be using the new USPSA 3 gun scoring system, with Bruce Gary handling stats for the match.

Questions? go to www.nassonline.org for more info and the application.

Tom Chambers

Rangemaster

Area 1 3 Gun Championship

We will be using the new USPSA 3 gun scoring system, with Bruce Gary handling stats for the match.

Woohoo! PF on paper in combo stages, hot damn! Gonna let the shooters choose which gun to use on which targets anywhere?

LD rifle sidematch this year?

Just sent my app & check in last week and got a room at the Shilo confirmed yesterday.

See ya all there,

--

Regards,

I guess I'm not looking correctly.  But where is the range for A1 located at?  Can't find it on the website.

It says Salem but I could have sworn it was in Bend.  Need to make lodging reservations.

Yes, the match is at the C.O.S.S.A. range about 20 miles east of Bend on HWY. 20

just before the town of millican .

http://www.oregonshooting.com/cps/art/cpsmap.jpg

The sleep-inn motel in Bend is fairly new and the closest to the range .

See you there, Craig

The sleep-inn motel in Bend is fairly new and the closest to the range

Yeah, but the Phoenix Suites is the same price, and is within "staggering distance" of the Deschutes Brew-Pub :P

B

if i remember right (no guarantee), the sleep inn was in staggering distance from the road house bar & grill. :lol:

if i remember right (no guarantee), the sleep inn was in staggering distance from the road house bar & grill.

True. Not only that, but it practically shares a parking lot with the liquor store. But, perhaps *most* importantly, it is staggering distance from the Starbucks (inside the Safeway store)

:ph34r:

Both years I have gone (2002 & 2003), I just showed up by 8am at the range on the 1st match day and the signup shack was just opening up.

The range isn't that huge, just drive in following the signs and when you get to the row of IPSC type bays, your there.

I guess, I'll just haul the bolter up anyway.

BTW, both times I shot A13G, the longest shots were 225 yds at US Poppers.

If you sight in at sea level at 200 yards, you will be fine at Bend. It's all I ever do anymore, same with my MOR rifle. 200 is pretty much 200 at 0, or 7k altitude.

See ya there.

FYI For sight in you can use the public range is just past the gate to COSSA, just go straight. It is open 24/7.

When you go into the range, follow the road in until you see the road fork, and there is a HUGE parking lot, the trailer house on the right is where you most likely will register.

if i remember right (no guarantee), the sleep inn was in staggering distance from the road house bar & grill.

True. Not only that, but it practically shares a parking lot with the liquor store. But, perhaps *most* importantly, it is staggering distance from the Starbucks (inside the Safeway store)

got a room at marriott's fairfield inn- .6 miles to deschutes brewery!!!

Nothing's quite as important as properly sequencing ones staggers...methinks... :wacko:

They put up a schedule on the website.

Can anyone recommend a place to eat at Bend?

Arriving there Friday.  Any sights/sounds/smells I should experience there?

hit the roadhouse-on hwy 20 heading out of town and to the range-great food, little loud (live music). also a great BBQ joint on hwy 20 right in town. can't remember the name, but they have ribs, brisket, etc-cheap too. then there's always dechutes brewery. you'll find us there... :lol:

Hi Dave,

Try emailing Mike McCarter or Tom Chambers (links here) : http://www.nassonline.org/a13gun.html

You can also try reaching Bruce Gary as he is doing stats.

I will be going up and maybe we can get squadded together.

The USPSA office might have some telephonage info for these guys.

Hope to see ya there.

--

Regards,

Hi David,

I packed 300+ rounds of 55gr .223 for my backup AR and you are welcome to it. It's all 1x Scharch with Hornady bulk 55's going downrange at 3050 from most 20" AR's. It's also been drop checked as OK in a SAAMI spec ammo gauge to boot.

Welcome aboard, it'll be good to have a couple homeboys along ;-)

There are a couple good gun stores in the area but the one I remember was strictly 9am-5pm Mon-Sat so don't be late. I also have about 400+ of RIO 3Dram 7.5 1.125's with me :-)

I'll be headin' out about 10am tomorry to avoid the morning rush across the bridges.

See ya there,