Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Angstadt Arms or QC10 for Glock 9mm (first build)?

Both look comparable. This will be my first PCC for competition shooting. My strategy as of now is to get the receiver set, bolt and buffer and then budget around with the other parts. Looking to use the rise armament trigger and a good optic. Budget for entire build is around ~1500. Looking for some guidance. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

35 minutes ago, CalTeacher said:

I have a QC10 lower, and have never used any other brand.  The lowers are top notch and so is their service.  I run their upper and  bolt too and the system runs 100%.

Can I ask how you handled buffering? Did you use the QC10 kit, also which trigger are you using? Many thanks in advance.

I also have a QC10 and am very happy with it. You should also take a look at the Lead Star receivers and rifles. You can get a complete rifle from them for about your $1500 budget. They have several different options as far as buffer systems also. MBX or JP would also be a good choice and also fit you budget. 

22 minutes ago, dlightning said:

I have a QC10 receiver set and the 14.5” barrel.  Everything else is Taccom.  I love it.  But my reference is AR 15 from JP, Seekins and BCM.  Fit and build is as good as the rest.  If not a notch above.  

Are you using the taccom extreme bolt with their staged buffer system? Also what trigger? Many thanks in advance.

I am using the Extreme bolt along with their buffer system.  I did not use the new wave spring.  I removed the little plastic end cap on the spring and can't tell the difference.  The only advantage is bolt lock back.  Once it is broken in, the system overall is very smooth.  My trigger is the Hiperfire 24c (yellow springs).  I added the Odin work mag release and the Radian Weapon 45 degree safety.  Brian Miller magwell.  

I think I am going to try the short stroke conversion next.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm also playing around with the idea getting PCC.

Right now it boiled down to either QC-10, Angstadt or Rainier.

I wonder if there any thoughts, hints, recommendation to one over the others...

Cheers

Chris