Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Xiv - News?

cooper_999

Hi all,

does anybody here have some news from the revo guys at WSXIV?

Can´t reach my german mates in Equador... :( and no (revo) informations on other sites regarding WS...

maybe you have some news from the US team? Do they have their ammo now?

DVC!

Sascha

The overall results are completely meaningless at this point, guys. Jerry, Ricardo, and Bjorn are clearly all on separate squads, shooting different stages. We won't have any real comparisons to make until tomorrow night, maybe. Looks like there are a few dark horses doing pretty well on Ricardo's squad--there's a Nemecek guy that seems to be pretty hot. Patrick's shooting with Jerry, and appears to be shooting his usual consistent game so far. Cliff has had a few good stages, but also some really bad ones--gotta wonder if he's having gun and/or ammo problems. Lisa appears to be struggling, unfortunately.

But as I pointed out, it's still early--lots and lots of shooting left! Wouldn't it be great if we could watch it on TV?

Mike

hey guys,

got also news last night from our "revo lady junior" Agnes B) - they got their ammo on monday evening but they had some ammo for monday brought in the suitcases :D

Shooting could be better, but it was only the first day - let´s see what will happen....

Zdenek Nemecek is a czech shooter, I saw on european championships - he is doing some stages quite well. I will have a look later, if I can find a small video, I made at the EC last year from him.

DVC!

Sascha

>>Zdenek Nemecek is a czech shooter, I saw on european championships - he is >>doing some stages quite well. I will have a look later, if I can find a small >>video, I made at the EC last year from him.

Must be something about them Eastern European guys. I know this guy, Jerry something, who's got a Czech last name, and man, you should see him shoot a wheelgun!

Zdenek shot on the czech Modified Team the last two World Shoots. Fast and smooth. Jerry and I are off on our own, and the rest of the revo shooters are in the opposite morning/afternoon schedule.

Ricky is apparently burning things up, but remember, its a 36-stage match. If you try to do a Hero Run on every one, they'll eventually have to call in the tanker planes to put out the crash and burns.

In half the match (so far) I think I've shot two stages that were straight-up shoote-em stages. All the rest have movers, swingers, flippers, no-shoots galore and some gimmick like a frakkin rope to hold. But still a lot of fun.

Start planning your practice schedules and match campaign for the run to 2008. There will probably be more wheelgunners, and the competition is rising.

This from Patrick:

Mike,

I'm on the laptop, in Guayaquil, without my address book.

We're having a blast, and if anyone questions the wisdom of a long sight radius, one trip through a match like this would convince them. I think I've had two stages so far that weren't trick stages. Today, for our last (and big) stage, we finally had a chance to shoot targets where we didn't have to slide shots past a no-shoot or three. And of the 16 targets on the course, only 6 were what a US shooter would consider at "normal" distances. the rest? From 20 to 35 yards out.

Add in the smaller A zone, and you need all you can get to hack it here.

Looks like the verification file doesn't contain today's results. 

Crap--I had my calculator all ready to figure it out!

I checked through the stage results (downloaded about midnight Saturday night). Jerry won 13 stages, which was more than any other revolver shooter. Based on the number of stage wins, and winning 5 of 12 stages worth 100 pts or more, I think Jerry won revolver... but I haven't done the math to prove it.

Jerry - 13 stage wins

Ricardo Lopez - 9 stage wins

Bjorn Dietrich - 6 stage wins

Phillipp Chua - 3 stage wins

Fernando Becker & Zdenek Nemecek - 2 stage wins

Allison Vericio - 1 stage win.

Don't have the time or inclination to try to convert the stage data into an overall finish results. They'll probably be posted before I get up in the morning.

Hi guys,

Don't have much time cause I gotta go to bed early for the Shoot Off tomorrow. But Jerry won, Ricardo is 2nd and I'm 3rd. Ricardo has about 98% and I will most likely come in at 94-96%

It has been a tough match for all of us. I'll tell you all about it when I get back! :)

Hi guys,

Don't have much time cause I gotta go to bed early for the Shoot Off tomorrow. But Jerry won, Ricardo is 2nd and I'm 3rd. Ricardo has about 98% and I will most likely come in at 94-96%

It has been a tough match for all of us. I'll tell you all about it when I get back! :)

Can't wait for the report but for now, CONGRATs all around.

regards,

Ran into Spook last night during the 10:00-11:30 results fiesta in the business center. He´s a good guy and class act. Good going. I saw Jerry the last day and he said ´Those guys have been practicing´.

With the results still MIA (monday morning, 6AM) all i can tell you is this:

Jerry won. It was a near thing. "Them fellas have been practicing." This was your chance guys. Now that Jerry knows you're gunning for him, he won't be caught off guard next time

Ricardo was second. Bjorn was third.

Jerry also won Senior Revolver. Yes, he just finally turned 50. Don't go getting all eager, thinking old age will catch up with him. Ken Tapp was older than dirt, and still kicking butt.

Me, I snagged third Senior Revolver. The Team won. By what margin, I don't know. But the gold medals and trophy come home to the U.S.

Start practicing now for 2008.

Pat;

Excellent work all around. Do you think the stage design had anything to do with how close the results were? One thing Jerry talked about at the Nationals was the use of the Classic target and the tight shots they presented. From what I've heard of the World Shoot the shots were a lot tougher. Do you feel that played against Jerry's style of shooting? Special congrats to Bjorn, Third in the World with a wheelgun is quite the feather to put in one's cap!

Not to take anything away from Ricardo and Bjorn, but this was your chance, guys. The shooting wasn't the problem, when Jerry was up he was in old form. He hadn't practiced (Nationals was about it for practice) he worked his usual full-time promotional and match schedule, and he arrived in Guayaquil with an inner ear infection.

The first couple of days of the match, they were all moving targets. Every time he moved, they moved.

The stage design was a lot tougher than we see in the States, but it didn't seem to bother Jerry much. He'd gear down from overdrive to shoot past the no-shoots, but even then he was usually faster than the Standard shooters in our squad on the wide open targets.

Next World Shoot, the old Jerry will be back. He now knows he has to practice, and won't pack his schedule full with travel and promotional work the month before Bali. He also laid out a practice schedule for me, so I'll be pumped up for Bali, too.