Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ASC colt style mags loose bullet?

I just received 5 ASC colt style mags all are 32 rounds, When i load the 8th bullet into them they all rattle from one of the previous rounds somehow coming loose in there.  Is this normal?  I don't have my gun yet, it's supposed to arrive this week but I went ahead and ordered some spare mags beforehand.  But if I depress the the top round, it stops rattling so I'm assuming it will not do it when it is loaded into the gun.  It's just annoying having that round rattling around in there and was wondering if these are defects or if others have the same problem.

I figured they were good mags because it had over 140 reviews with almost 5 star average on gunmagwarehouse, but after searching it now seems people don't think they are good mags.

8 minutes ago, M1A4ME said:

Lots of double stack magazines do that.  On a pretty regular basis people on the CZ Forum ask the same question - why does my magazine make a rattle noise when I shake it?  Different magazines/calibers do it at different round counts in the magazine.

Thanks for the reply! 

18 hours ago, jskd82 said:

Good to know thanks! just curious if the Metalforms also have the rattle?

i have a couple metlaforms that rattle.

2011 mags are notorious for this.  Call them salt shakers.

Edited by tha1000
11 hours ago, M1A4ME said:

The stainless steel ASC's rusted?

Yes.  And parts of my stainless steel Weber BBQ grill also rust. Florida humidity and sea breezes are tough on metal. 

From Google for those interested in metallurgy:

The chromium in stainless steel when exposed to oxygen in the atmosphere forms a thin invisible layer called chromium oxide. This invisible layer covering the entire surface gives stainless steel its ability to resist stains and rust. If this layer is damaged rust is formed on the surface at the point of that damage.