Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Years End Maintenance

mont1120

This was my first year of CO shooting with a CZ SP-01, and I need to ask, what do all of you CZ shooters replace on the gun after a full season of shooting? I'd say I have about 5-7K rounds in it, and I want to be in 100% shape for next year.

I have the recoil spring and slide stop already, but what else needs replacing and is there any preferred maintenance steps to prepare for?

There is no "End of Season" here in Florida    [emoji2520]

But, every 3,000 rounds, it does make sense to replace springs in the gun and mags
and thoroughly clean the firing pin and extractor tunnels.    [emoji4] 

Seems a bit overkill. I’d be replacing springs every 6 weeks or so following that regime.

An alternative is to have a “match” set of springs & slide stop and a “practice” set. The practice set can be run until they are shagged.

Maybe you could replace the TRS once a year if it makes you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My match gun has the springs and slide stop replaced at the beginning of each year whether the round count dictates it or not. The stuff I pull off the match gun is set aside as replacements for the practice gun. Those parts run until something breaks or acts up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mont, I have a TS, not an SP-01.  The only thing I replaced after two full seasons of Limited major and practice was the recoil spring.  That's 14,000 rounds with nothing broken.  I can say the same four the four others my friends shoot.  It has gone another two seasons since then and I haven't changed a thing.

If you want to do year end maintenance on your SP-01, break it down as far as you dare (watch the two tiny springs by the sear cage), and clean everything thoroughly.  Then drop everything into an ultrasonic cleaner and clean again.  Wash off, dry, lube and reassemble.  There is no harm in replacing the mainspring, recoil spring and the FP spring at that time.

Thanks for the replies, time to clean it up and get some parts replaced. It was a balmy -2 degrees yesterday with about a 10 MHP breeze. Toasty warm, almost time to go swimming.

The older I get the more the cold just creeps into my bones and joints and reminds me of every broken bone, surgery, and injury I ever had. Ahhh, the joys of hitting the golden years.............