Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mbx base pads

kk4364

As the title says, does anyone have any experience with the Glock MBX base pads. I am talking about the ones for 140mm extensions . They say add 5 to full size Glock magazines in 40 s&w. I have a Zev KC edition Glock 35, with Zev aluminum magwell, and want to know if these will work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have  not used the MBX on my back up Gen34 in CO, but when I shot L10 using an STI, the MBX basepads are all I used, They went on and off super easy, fit perfectly well, and were a breeze to clean. They use a small blocking pin to keep them on the mag bottom.

If they made them for CZ, I would have used them. Since they did not, I went with the TTI basepads, and they are very similar to the MBX system.

On another thread I talk about my experience with the MBX extensions. I let them set overnight with 20 and mine will hold 21 rounds, but I don't think mine will lock into the grip with 21. There's no room left to compress the spring. They are easily 20 reloadable .40SW mags. 

On Glocks I've had the best luck with the Arredondo extensions. Not pretty, not Gucci, not bling, but they work and get +5 in .40 & +6 in 9mm. That's 20 loadable in .40 & 23 loadable in 9mm.

The ones I have I've owned since 2008 or so, started on a G35 Limited gun, now they're on a G17 CO gun. Never an issue with them. Easy to clean (though I don't) and affordable.

23 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Why not get the Glock factory 22 round magazines?

The  Glock factory 22 round magazines are far too long for use in Limited Division, about 165 mm. With a short aftermarket base pad like the one from Taylor Freelance, they will easily make 171.25 mm for use in Open as a big stick.

1 hour ago, Whitefish said:

The  Glock factory 22 round magazines are far too long for use in Limited Division, about 165 mm. With a short aftermarket base pad like the one from Taylor Freelance, they will easily make 171.25 mm for use in Open as a big stick.

Hello: I did not know that having never seen one of the Glock factory 22 round mags. That is very good info to have. Thanks, Eric