Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6.5" 625 Enhanced Revolver

Randy Lee

From the guys at Smith, if they have extra cylinders around they will sell them. Their best guess is above the $200.00 mark.

If Jim is able to get me a 460 6.5" shroud, I will be completing the project gun. The Krieger barrel is on it's way. It may be I'm beating a dead horse, but these guys who are making all the decisions really need to see what is possible.

For the pimp factor, gold plated hammer and trigger, embedded L.E.D. runway down the barrel ramp and cubic zirconia 3 dot sights for me.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick...as an option over the cobra grips, can we just get a simple, tasteful "Don't Be A Turd-Sucker!" engraved on the grips, with maybe some flashing LEDs?

And maybe a line drawing of Don Johnson in his Miami Vice days...

Michael "Good Taste Is Indeed Timeless" B

From the guys at Smith, if they have extra cylinders around they will sell them. Their best guess is above the $200.00 mark.

If Jim is able to get me a 460 6.5" shroud, I will be completing the project gun. The Krieger barrel is on it's way. It may be I'm beating a dead horse, but these guys who are making all the decisions really need to see what is possible.

For the pimp factor, gold plated hammer and trigger, embedded L.E.D. runway down the barrel ramp and cubic zirconia 3 dot sights for me.

Where do I enter my cylinder order?

Oh and I want some of them HoMeBoy sights for my Rosco...

Homeboy.doc

to Randy Lee and Michael Bane,

I love the idea of getting Ruger and Taurus into the fray....even Dan Wesson if Mr Serva will listen...

but to the point.....Taurus is 15 Minutes from my house...if there is anything I can do from here to help you guys try to talk some sense into Taurus please let me know.....nothing would give them a shot in the arm towards more acceptance of product quality than to have their revolvers used as a base for competition.....

lets make this happen

Frank

Frank (and Randy);

Had a great talk today with Bob Morrison, the Big Dog at Taurus, and I think I whetted his interest on a Taurus SS/Ti competition revolver!

he and I are scheduled to talk again Monday. I'm scheduled to be in Florida first weekend of December for the "Snubby Conference" — a whole other sort of revolvers — but I can make the time to go to Miami to meet with Bob if it will push thing forward.

Will keep you in the loop! Randy, let's talk planning (and Ruger...I have news there as well) in the next couple of days.

Michael B

PS: Sweeney...since I'm shooting the IRC, the least you can do is haul your sorry butt out there to make fun of me!

I love the idea of luring other makers into the competition wheelgun arena. Nothing wakes up the sleeping like losing sales (or even the potential) to someone who is hungry.

I don't think we could ever lure Jerry away from S&W, but if at a Nationals he's the winner, and everyone else behind him is shooting a Ruger/Taurus/Dan Wesson then S&W would have to be beyond stupid to not respond.

Mike, the problem for me with the IRC is scheduling. I teach coppers how to shoot. If the class schedule is the same as the IRC, I have a dilemma: Do I teach, and make $3-4 grand, or do I go to the IRC and spend half as much? If I hesitate more than a second deciding, my wife slaps me in the head, and I go to Chicago.

Mr. Sweeney...I TOTALLY understand! Still, it'd be fun to have you around to make fun of me. TL&A* Lisa Farrell tells me that I'm going to be on the woman's super squad to enhance my chances of looking the complete dweeb.

(*The Lovely & Ascerbic)

RE: Other companies in competition, I've always thought that was the solid strategy to expand competition; Paul Erhardt's tenure at SIGARMS has proven that. With Ken Jorgensen, himself a veteran competitor, now at Ruger, Taurus really looking to showcase their new quality control and a new marketing regime at Beretta — plus Jim Scoutten and I holding the reins on media coverage — we may be close to conditions for a "perfect storm." It would be easier if the Powers That be in the industry trade groups would look up from their endless huckstering of hunting and see the tremendous potential that the shooting sports offer (that the subject on my blog for the last week). But I do believe, to borrow a phrase from our leftist brethern, if the people lead, the leaders will follow!

Michael B

If I make it to the IRC, put me in the squad where it will do the most good. As for "Squibby" perhaps its time to embarass her a bit by pointing out what a good example she is.

The last day of WSXIV, she gave her Federal-primed match ammo to Cliff so he could keep the team on top, and took in place a supply of Armscor with hand-seated primers. Yes, she took a hit on her match overall for the team.

How bad? Well, the ammo she gave up had a 175PF, and the Armscor runs 193. Bruce Gray tried her gun when she got back, with the leftover Armscor, and in her gun it shoots (Bruce's words) "minute of garage door."

What Lisa wants, Lisa gets.

Remember, Paul Erhardt gets the pink holster...

As far as the competition, I would love to turn out trick Non-Smiths. Sorry, I'm getting a little jaded with ideas falling on deaf ears.

Just on a cursory inspection of the Taurus inner workings, I'd venture to bet I could turn out a 3.5 lb pull much easier on the Taurus design than the Smith.

Just need to change some of the ergonomics of the trigger and a few other parts.

The rubber grips on some of the guns I've tried( light weight Ti snubbies) which had the horizontal rubber fins were the most comfortable and functional grips I have ever tried. They would work well on a 45acp IPSC revolver. Hear that Lisa???

I'm all for exploring other manufacturers' interest in moonclip guns, but if we're going to center any hopes around Taurus, we really need to confirm that the fundamental QC of their revolvers has improved sufficiently to handle competitive shooting volume.

It's not well known, but Taurus sponsored some revolver shooters a number of years ago, and boy did they have trouble keeping the guns running long enough to even make it through a match. (By coincidence I happened to bump into one of those guys recently and we talked about that exact subject, in particular the difficulty he had keeping his Taurus guns properly timed.)

If anyone from Taurus sees this post, I hope they'll view my comments not as a slam, but as a friendly challenge!

Mike

Lately I have been comtemplating asking Taurus for a Sponsorship. The only thing that held me back was the lack of a 6-shot .45 ACP revolver that uses "standard" (S&W 625) moonclips.

If they would make one (and if it could take the same beatings a regular S&W can take), I wouldn't mind shooting one.

I would shoot one in a New York minute if we could both (Taurus and I) be proud of the brand at the end of a grueling shooting season.

That means 1000 rounds per month with little more than a wipe down and a drop of oil for at least a 10 month shooting season per year.

And I don't shoot as much as a lot of you guys....

I've often thought Ruger would be tough enough, but too heavy, crude, and that cylinder release....no offense intended.

So I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket. S&W has first shot for obvious reasons, but I will give any viable up-and-comer a fair chance to make a fool out of me. Just for the thrill of being in the first wave of a new era.

B)