Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dielectric grease with DPP

racer-x

I just got my first Deltapoint Pro optic and it came with dielectric grease on both sides of the CR2032 battery. I understand what dielectric grease is, but have never seen it used in an optic.

Anyone have experience with this and use it in your optics?

I use it on my optic batteries because it was recommended by a few others that have been using it for years on there open guns. Don’t know if it’s right or wrong, but  haven’t had any issues using it. I change my batteries every 6 months which might be to often but don’t want to change one at a match.  Also have better luck Duracell batteries. 

Thanks Jeff.

Before every match now, I check battery voltage in my RTS2's and replace if less than 3.00v. Had dot problems 2 times that a new battery fixed. The problem batteries were 2.89 & 2.92v when I checked them after match. Replacing if below 3.00v has helped my match reliability, but works out to changing 2032's every 3-4 weeks.

Duracell's seem to be best in my experience as well. More consistent starting voltage compared to others I tried.

Not sure if the dielectric grease will promote a lower impedance connection in use. Worth some experimentation though. I have noticed that the battery is pretty scuffed up from recoil by the time I replace it in RTS2. 

DPP owner here as well, and I concur that the Duracell’s seem to be the best. I have never used dielectric grease though I’m sure it does help to a small extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it on my boat trailer light connections, no corrosion.  I would assume woks the same way on any battery connections.  Nothing worse than corroded connections or batteries.

• 10 months later...