Mark 7 Presses worth the money?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, LowBoost said:

If you are getting just 2 thousand of a difference (1.165 - 1.167) with mixed brass, you are golden! There are people that don't get that with even with the same headstamp! (Possibly something wrong in there)  

Agree. That's really really good with mixed stamp. I generally get that with the same headstamp, but sometimes have one or two that wander a few thou more out of spec. 

Yeah. I can do a CP2000 + RL1100 for under that.  Or automate the 1100.  I can understand some price jump due to demand,  but not that extreme.  Are lots of people buying at the $4,461 price point for a manual Evo? I get that you guys are loving it when you got it for $2,700 ( don’t get me wrong, I’m jealous that I missed the boat).  Are the orders still flying in and stuffing their manufacturing queue at the new price point ?

4 hours ago, OptimiStick said:

...  Are the orders still flying in and stuffing their manufacturing queue at the new price point ?

Out of curiosity I priced an Evo Pro and a Revolution. Compared to early summer the Evo Pro price is up about $700 and the Revolution price is about the same. So, I think by this price change they are pushing people to an automation solution.

7 hours ago, tanks said:

Out of curiosity I priced an Evo Pro and a Revolution. Compared to early summer the Evo Pro price is up about $700 and the Revolution price is about the same. So, I think by this price change they are pushing people to an automation solution.

I think you hit the nail on the head there Tanks!

17 hours ago, OptimiStick said:

Yeah. I can do a CP2000 + RL1100 for under that.  Or automate the 1100.  I can understand some price jump due to demand,  but not that extreme.  Are lots of people buying at the $4,461 price point for a manual Evo? I get that you guys are loving it when you got it for $2,700 ( don’t get me wrong, I’m jealous that I missed the boat).  Are the orders still flying in and stuffing their manufacturing queue at the new price point ?

Damn, now it’s 4400? I thought it was 4000, which was already way to much. 

51 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

Damn, now it’s 4400? I thought it was 4000, which was already way to much. 

No. Evolution with standard priming, bullet feeder and regular case feeder in a caliber of your choice is still $3999.80 according to the web site.

''No. Evolution with standard priming, bullet feeder and regular case feeder in a caliber of your choice is still $3999.80 according to the web site.'' 

More dies that are no longer delivered with the press
  $4000 +$500

Edited by cool

4 hours ago, tanks said:

No. Evolution with standard priming, bullet feeder and regular case feeder in a caliber of your choice is still $3999.80 according to the web site.

$4,461.13 when you add the dies.  

Edited by OptimiStick

5 hours ago, cool said:

''No. Evolution with standard priming, bullet feeder and regular case feeder in a caliber of your choice is still $3999.80 according to the web site.'' 

More dies that are no longer delivered with the press
  $4000 +$500

For most of us the dies we'd get would be the decapping, swage back up and the expander die as most already have the sizer, seating and crimp dies. About $90 total. I would not buy dies from Mark 7.

I have dies too - in my other presses where they are staying.  The Dillons come with dies, so  when comparing price -  I’d compare with dies.  You have to get them somewhere, and they cost money.  

I guess it doesn’t matter.  If you can justify the 2750 to 4000 bump, 4000 to 4461 probably won’t be the straw that breaks the camels back. As you said, it looks like they are really only interested in selling the Pro/automated at this point anyway.  

I would like like to know though if people are still buying the manual press at that 4400 price point.  Or 4000 + dies, however you want to frame it.  If the market just doesn’t bear it,  maybe it will come back down to a reasonable ( to me) price.  Or maybe that is just wishful thinking and people are still lining up at the 4400.  

I agree. If the original press came with dies at $2750 then we need to make it part of the discussion of increased price. I do not know what came with the press when it originally was released because I was satisfied with the 1050X that I currently own.

However, I do want to see if the press holds up over time. I am intrigued by the primer collator and the primer orientation sensor. I would also like to add the powder check since I seat and crimp in separate stations. If the press was truly $2750 but was increased to $4400, I cannot justify that price increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clear things up as I suspect I might be the source of the $4461 rumour. Jfitz427 might have taken the 4000 Euro I mentioned and calculated it back to dollars.

4000 Euro is the price I expect local suppliers to charge in Europe. It will probably be even more. This is of course not the price in the US which as mentioned before is $3995 without dies according to the MK7 site.

FWIW, my press of the first batch came with a set of Lee dies in .223R. ($30 value) and without hold down dies.

No. the $4,461.13 comes from me when I size out the manual press with basic priming system,  ($2,849.95), basic case feeder ($349.95), basic bullet feeder ($469.95), basic powder measure ($329.95) and die-pack ($461.33) . $3,999.80 is without the die-pack.  The die pack adds $461.33 for a total of $4,461.13 in USD. Dillons come with Dies. I do not know if the original Evos for $2,750 included dies or not.

Some first-round original MK7 presses came with a set of dies, mine did.  But it's irrelevant at this point, the market is where it is now, and any discussion of whether Mark 7 Presses are "Worth the money" should be based upon current market facts not what was available a year ago when the press was brand new.  Clearly MK7 has priced the manual Evo press now where it's more advantageous to go with the Evo Pro, since you can add the autodrive for only $2k.  I wish I would have done that, it cost me a LOT more (over $800 more) to add the autodrive to my manual evo press.  Mark 7 Evo Pro vs. a 1050/1100 with Autodrive is really the market comparison that MK7 is going for IMO.  I think the Evo Pro comes out pretty favorable in that comparison.  Especially if you order during one of the "3 free sensors" promotions, it's a pretty solid deal.  YES it will cost more than the Dillon, but it's also a better press than the Dillon so you're getting something from your money.

Current market facts are they are 2x cost of the market leader for the high end manual press, and I can't find anyone who says yeah they're in for a manual press at $4,400. 

the 6K+ plus automated press is a different market than i was curious about. After feedback I ordered the RL1100. With the spare change I'll upgrade to MBF Pro or stay regular MBF and add a CP-2000. 

33 minutes ago, OptimiStick said:

Current market facts are they are 2x cost of the market leader for the high end manual press, and I can't find anyone who says yeah they're in for a manual press at $4,400. 

the 6K+ plus automated press is a different market than i was curious about. After feedback I ordered the RL1100. With the spare change I'll upgrade to MBF Pro or stay regular MBF and add a CP-2000. 

I agree, haven’t seen anyone who is willing to pay 4400 for a manual press. 2750-2999 was much  more reasonable for a manual press. And for 400 bucks extra you get a set of 30 dollar lee dies. What a deal lol. Looks like the 1050 plus bullet feeder is around 2k, another 1200 and you get the ammobot, so total you in for 1000+ bucks less then the cost of a manual evo. I’d love to get a evo, I really would. 10 stations is awesome. I’d love to upgrade to the primer collator down the road. But 4000 plus is just to much for me. 

Agree, except I don’t think the dies is a big overcharge.  There is 10 stations, and if you look at their other components line item pricing - bullet feeder and case feeder, they don’t seem to be way over charged.  So I think you get a lot of dies...heck I think my seating die was like 80 bucks or so.   I just think they should be included, like they were at 2700.  I wanted the manual Evo too,  and would buy at 2700 - even 2700 plus the die-pack fee , but 4400 is a nonstarter.  Like Tanfastic said, I am apparently not their target segment. Oh well. rounds on the 1050 shoot just as straight. Lots of matches won with rounds from a 1050 , and they DO target my segment. 

https://www.markvii-loading.com/Mark-7-Optimized-Die-Pack_p_483.html

Pictures of the optional die pack on the MK7 site show:

- Mighty Armory decapper die                           ($45)

- Mighty Armory hold down die                          ($50)

- Redding sizer die                                                (9mm example: standard $36 or carbide $95)

- Lee universal expander die (I assume)           ($12)

- Redding competition seater                             (9mm example $85)

- Redding micro-adjustable taper crimp die     (9mm example $75)

You can't compare this to the Lee die set that came with my press of course. The seperate prices I took from the Mighty Armory site, Natchez and Midway for comparison to the pack price (9mm $461). But I have to add I'm not sure of the exact content of the 9mm die pack as there is no description. I based the prices on what I see in the pics. So YMMV.

Edited by RGA
typo

One other thing when comparing to Dillon 1050 that comes with dies. Dillon ships with 3 dies only. Decap/Size, seat and crimp. On my 1050 I had actually bought the Mighty Armory decapping die and had put a Redding sizer die (without decapping pin) where the swage backup was in order to do away with the issue of not always decapping brass with the Dillon sizing/decapping die.

For the record my Revolution came with a MA decapping die and I got credit (they shipped me a mirror instead) for the expander die as the machine had come without it and I bought a Redding expander die (which I think is better than Lee) locally.