Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Talk me in to a Mk7 Evolution!

But no it does not cost twice as much.
I receive my EVO press on Wednesday (pre order at M7)
It will come back to me at 2750 € with taxes.
If you ordered from DAA it's a little more than 3000 €

we must take advantage of the weakness of the dollar?

Edited by cool

2 hours ago, jnr88 said:

I believe the Mark 7 comes with the upgraded bulletfeeder. This is a significant savings if true.

No, the Evolution and Pro come with the regular bulletfeeder. For the Revolution you have the option of paying $999 to get the Mr. BulletFeeder Pro. The mount is built in to the base though.

I just received my evolution on Tuesday! I upgraded from a 650(which I will be keeping to load limited ammo). I am a machinist by trade and I can say that the mark 7 evolution is a very well thought out, very robust piece of equipment. Could I reload 9 major on my 650.....yes, I but I was limited to what powders I could choose due to indexing and such. I’ll be keeping the 650 around as a back up(which I doubt I will need for that reason) and to load limited major ammo. Best analogy I can think of is say a standard transmission in a  Miata and a Porsche 911.....they are both transmissions....but on a road course the difference is very apparent. Very very happy with my purchase of this press.

ps. Priming on the down stroke Is damn near worth it by itself?

I've been a Mark VII customer for about 2 years.  A buddy and me bought an autodrive for our 1050 and it was awesome!  We had some issues with the order and they fixed it.  We had issues with the system, Jay facetimed with us.  The CS was amazing.

Fast forward to my Evo purchase experience SO FAR.....

We pre-ordered 2/19 and just received the press last week.  A lot of people were upset about wait times..  I didnt mind besides the fact that I was told twice about ship dates without even requesting them myself.  They missed both really bad, but I get it.  New press, newer company, etc....  When they call to collect the rest of the money, they tell me that unfortunately they didnt charge me enough in shipping and that I would have to pay more to have the product shipped.  They said it was because of the middle man shipping software that they used and that it was not my fault or theirs.  Working in this industry from a CS standpoint, I would have made mention to let the customer know there was a mistake, but then I'd say that's on us and we will just take it out our end.  I questioned the issue, but at this point I just wanted to complete the transaction.  I ordered the EVO, 1050 to EVO kit, Toolhead, and EVERYTHING to changeover to .223.  When it arrives there is no conversion kit pieces at all.  I call and they say "we'll get it taken care of and get parts out to you" following that I get an email saying there are additional pieces I have to buy for the casefeed and MBF.  Their website has been changed around quite a bit since Feb and now packages are different regardless when I ordered I made sure to specify. 

I'm still waiting to see what/if their going to do to fix it and I will update.  It seems to me they are having some shipping and CS growing pains as they start to become a larger company.  I will give Jay the benefit of the doubt because the above and beyond CS he provided previously.

5 hours ago, PSSOH22 said:

Working in this industry from a CS standpoint, I would have made mention to let the customer know there was a mistake, but then I'd say that's on us and we will just take it out our end.

I would remind you that Mark 7 is still a business trying to make profit after heavy investments into product development. Lots of parts already made by subcontractors so I would guess the margins are not that big anyway.

19 hours ago, mikamarj said:

I would remind you that Mark 7 is still a business trying to make profit after heavy investments into product development. Lots of parts already made by subcontractors so I would guess the margins are not that big anyway.

No reason to remind me. I understand where your coming from and I could almost guarantee the margins are really small.  It still doesn't mean that a company shouldnt fix mistakes.  Look at the development and growth of Vortex by their business model.  Now it is a bit different because they are most likely to get repeat purchases and there are large margins in optics when just talking production costs and not r&d.  Whereas, Mark7 is pretty much a one time purchase and future purchases are add-ons, upgrades, and parts.  However, that doesnt really mean much when we are talking CS.  That customer could additionally sell presses for the company whether by word of mouth locally or via forums/social media/etc.  In the same breath, it works the other way as well.  Perfect example is when I got my SVI, I was so pumped and showed a lot of my buddies and in one week I sold 3 more SVI's for the company.  Like I said, I will never trash the company.  The drive is solid as hell and the new press looks just as good of quality.  After my dealings previously with Jay, like I mentioned initially, I beleve there is just some kind of communication error between employees and Jay.  Like I mentioned as well things on their website were setup a little bit different in Feb when I ordered and that change may be the part of confusion