Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reading the "Book" again...

I am in the process of reading Brian's book again. I read it the first time as a newbie, then again when I was deep into B class. I am just now getting to the point where I can relate to the majority of Brian's writings through personal experience.

Just a thought...and maybe a dumb one. I still have questions about some of the stuff in the book. Would anyone other than me be interested in a "book" forum where we can ask questions about specifics of the book? Just thought I would ask.

It seems that we inevitably refer to or mention The Book in intermittent threads... either with some well-deserved reverence or with a respectable (for the most part) hilarity so prevalent on this Website. To focus a forum on The Book might be a useful option......

Right on Jake.

If specifics in the book are kicked around in the forum it may prove so tantalising to those who don't have it (are there any?) they will immediately buy it to find out what the hell we're all talking about.

Absolutely.

Discussions of the book will only serve to increase sales.

It's amazing to me how much info is condensed in that sucker. I can't count the times I've got back from the range, cracked the cover and said...Eureka!

You just can't absorb that much info the first or 10th time.

My regular squadmates have marvelled at my improvements this year, and I steer 'em all to Brian's book. Some bite, some don't. All are looking for the fast technique fix or equipment change. They don't realize with the proper attitude and visual patience you could shoot steel on yer head with a hi-point.

SA

(Edited by Steve Anderson at 10:11 am on Oct. 30, 2002)

The Book is one of those that you can pop open to any page, read a paragraph, close it, and catch yourself thinking about it for the rest of the day (or week, depending). Good timeless stuff. I'm convinced that a few poignant, well-timed posts about The Book will do as much to sell the book as would conventional advertising. Word of mouth is STILL one of the best forms of advertising and promotion there is.

At this point, because we have so many forums, my initial reaction is to refrain from adding more. But, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Others could share insights on favorite topics, or add how it affected their performance.

Anyone else?

be

You know Erik could just find EVERY reference to the book on "Mm" (Maku mozo) and put links to them in the new mental threads forum. ;-)

How hard could it be?    

You know some times it's hard to convey the level of sarcasm needed in the written form.