Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

170 LG Frame Base pads Now AVAILABLE!

Apolo

No freaking way! Tanfoglio 170 base pads now available through Robin Taylor of Taylor Freelance!!!!

This is AWESOME to say the least. Advertised as 27+1. I bet with some loving and Grams kit you get 28-29 +1. Seriously good stuff for the open crew!

http://taylorfreelancestore.com/tanfoglio-super-henning-170mm-plus-10-red-w-spring/

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my goodness, and just in time! I was about to try one of those sketchy MBXs

Edit: Ordered 1 for science, since who knows how these will work. But I assume they'll be out of stock soon. If it's even half decent though, I'll have to get 2 more at this price!

Edited by CompleteJack

That's great. I'm sure the fine folks that make our parts appreciate it. It's nice to have these options. Especially ones we really haven't had before. 

1 hour ago, ATLDave said:

I just ordered one... I want to reward those who cater to this market!

Shipped just now, I should be able to test it out late this week or early next week, along with my yet-to-arrive Limited. I'm also probably going to order a Grams kit to see how much you can cram into one of these, and to see if it affects reliability at all. Being essentially the same price as Henning 140s, if this first one works I think I'll end up with 3 big sticks, which is just obscene. 

Hopefully the 170's are as good as the 140's I have from TF. Their 140 with stock spring and follower get me 21 reloadable. 23 reloadable with the grams spring/follower. Edit: 9mm, obviously.

Edited by Harlow

11 minutes ago, Harlow said:

Hopefully the 170's are as good as the 140's I have from TF. Their 140 with stock spring and follower get me 21 reloadable. 23 reloadable with the grams spring/follower.

That makes me incredibly hopeful. These pads are billed as 27+1, so they could potentially be 29+1 with a Grams kit ?

Edited by CompleteJack

Kinda strange that their description says it comes with a "custom" mag spring designed for open division. Then they also sell a 170mm grams spring which may get +1. Very curious what the capacity ends up being here. 

Well I'll test the mag Thursday with the stock spring/follower, and if it works fine I'll be ordering 2 spring kits and another base pad from Taylor Freelance. Then some time in the next week or two I'll be able to functions test both mags and both sets of springs/followers. I'm just holding off on ordering the others until I know I'm not buying something that ends up being finnicky. Not that I'm too worried about it, Taylor Freelance is an excellent company.

2 hours ago, CompleteJack said:

Not that I'm too worried about it, Taylor Freelance is an excellent company. 

Yes they are. His company (and Robin Taylor personally) supports the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation, coaching kids in pistol and rifle shooting.

Just now, johnbu said:

Yes they are. His company (and Robin Taylor personally) supports the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation, coaching kids in pistol and rifle shooting.

I'll be honest, when I see companies supporting shooting sports in any capacity I'm a LOT more inclined to support them in return. Most of my local sponsors are companies owned by veterans and competitive shooters that honestly look at it more like charity than advertising. 

Even if there is trouble fitting 38 and 45. I'm sure if you have access to a mill or sweet talk Robbin at TF he would either mill it out for you or start making 38s if the demand is there. As a business I'm sure knowing there is a demand helps. He will listen even if it takes a little while to accommodate into his schedual. The fact that these pads even became available is proof. I had been badgering the poor guy for months for these. I'm hoping they sell so they stay available. What ever we can do to make them work or figure out the kinks (if there is any) helps us all.