Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide racker for 2011 Steelmaster

shootist102

• 1 month later...

I highly suggest doing one of the Brazos Zig Rackers (http://www.1911store.com/slide-racker-bcg-zigracker.aspx). They are held in the slide with ball detents instead of set screws. The ones with set screws, like the Sidewinder, always come loose and eventually strip out. I have done many of these racker cuts for other shooters using my mill. Where are you located? 

1 hour ago, shootist102 said:

P.s. is that a Sidewinder Slider Racker from Shooters Connection? Thanks again

Yes and he cut the slide to fit.

Mine already had a dovetail in it, so that is the reason i went with that style. 

If your slide doesn't have a cut in it already  I also suggest the Zig Racker setup .

Scottlep, 

I live in Springwater, NY about an hour north of Tioga, PA. The challenge to put a slide racker on a Steelmaster is the lack of material between the breech face and the top of the slide. Its about .410 and I dont know if that leaves enough space for a dovetail.

STI has a brand new cylindrical slide racker thats featured on the new DVC Steel models that might work. Its positioned at an angle with an angled hole opposed to a dovetail. I'm no gunsmith, so any suggestions would be a huge help. Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Hello: It can be cut into the slide. There is enough room just like on the TruBor as well. I have the measurement from the breachface back for the Steel Master , Match Master and the Trubors I have done with the Brazos and Shooters Connection rackers. You may have to clearance the racker a little to clear your scope mount you are using. Thanks, Eric

15 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: It can be cut into the slide. There is enough room just like on the TruBor as well. I have the measurement from the breachface back for the Steel Master , Match Master and the Trubors I have done with the Brazos and Shooters Connection rackers. You may have to clearance the racker a little to clear your scope mount you are using. Thanks, Eric

i had to clearance my scope mount for mine to fit 

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Would appreciate the measurement for the Steel Master.  I installed a horizontal mount C-More optic which makes it difficult to grasp the slide.  Looking for a slide racker and thinking I'd like something ambidextrous since I'm not sure which side I'd like it installed on...