Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2 vs B12i

ecn515

I've recently found myself in need of a new scatter gat due to an unfortunate happenstance. 

Luckily though I also picked up a Roth Performance receiver off a prize table the same day I broke my current shotgun. I'm just trying to decide between building up an m2 or a b12i with the new receiver so I'm looking for pros and cons from people who have experience with both. 

Up to now all I've ever shot is a 1301 so I have no experience with either gun. It's also worth mentioning that I'm a lefty so to set up a m2 it would cost a bit more for stock parts to set it up for me.

I have tried the Breda and I run an M2.  If you are competitive, I really believe the comfortech stock does mitigate recoil somewhat decreasing your splits.  I think the shim capability of the M2 is a plus and I don't know if Breda offers that feature.  Probably more parts for the M2.  Four years ago I choose between the 1301 and the M2 and I still think very highly of Beretta.  I heard the port of the Benelli, when enhanced is superior to the 1301 for loading, don't know about the Breda but it looks like a Benelli.  I think the 1301 would be softer shooting than an M2.  I believe you can reverse the safety on the M2 but not sure.  Our match loads are 1 oz at 1180-1200 FPS, pretty soft.

Hope this helps I have only tried the Breda and 1301 and I know your not asking about the 1301 per se but for comparison sake...

10 hours ago, 12glocks said:

I have tried the Breda and I run an M2.  If you are competitive, I really believe the comfortech stock does mitigate recoil somewhat decreasing your splits.  I think the shim capability of the M2 is a plus and I don't know if Breda offers that feature.  Probably more parts for the M2.  Four years ago I choose between the 1301 and the M2 and I still think very highly of Beretta.  I heard the port of the Benelli, when enhanced is superior to the 1301 for loading, don't know about the Breda but it looks like a Benelli.  I think the 1301 would be softer shooting than an M2.  I believe you can reverse the safety on the M2 but not sure.  Our match loads are 1 oz at 1180-1200 FPS, pretty soft.

Hope this helps I have only tried the Breda and 1301 and I know your not asking about the 1301 per se but for comparison sake...

Thanks for your input. I've been shooting 3 Gun for about 4 years now. Most of that time with a 1301, so I've got plenty of experience just none of it with inertia guns. I'd agree the biggest thing pulling me towards the m2 over the breda is the comfort tech and the ability to set it up a little more personally. 

• 4 years later...

Yes, the Roth is far superior to the Benelli 3-gun performance. Roth does much more to the platform than Benelli does in house. The 3-gun performance is a basically stock M2 with a bit better port, and fancy graphics. The Roth incorporates many of the tuning trick we have learned over the years to make a better platform! Yeah, I know I'm not Ranger Trace, but I have seen several Benelli and Roth guns on Armslist and once shot 1/2 of a 3-gun match till I got tired 😩.