Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pinning retaining strap

Shooter212

With talk about the retaining strap rule on here. I was wondering if a person drilled a small hole through the strap and holster and put a roll pin in so that the strap could no longer move. On my g code this could be done pretty easily and would be pretty stout.  Could you say that it’s no longer a strap it’s a rear sight guard. Limited is pretty open on everything else in regards to holters. So I took a retaintion holster and modified it to protect my rear sight. 

What are you protecting it from. One would assume if it was locked into a position to where it couldn’t work as it’s original purpose that it would be okay. Now if you really want to set it up to where there won’t be any arguments or time wasted, cut it off or use it as intended.

7 minutes ago, Shooter212 said:

I could but it’s not worth it switching back and for every week. My idea was if it doesn’t move it’s not a strap it’s a fixed part of the holster. 

yeah i had the same issue with a bladetech doh holster for my glocks.  fine in uspsa & 3 gun, but the doh piece wasn't fine for idpa.  got tired of taking it off and on so just bought another holster...

For 3-Gun I use the ELS system to mount everything, including the holster (yeah, I know Safariland don't recommend that - whatever). I can switch out holsters as needed - I have several of both the retention and non-retention type. I can even remove it entirely if handgun is not needed on the stage - it's a great spot for an extra shotshell caddy.

16 hours ago, StealthyBlagga said:

For 3-Gun I use the ELS system to mount everything, including the holster (yeah, I know Safariland don't recommend that - whatever). I can switch out holsters as needed - I have several of both the retention and non-retention type. I can even remove it entirely if handgun is not needed on the stage - it's a great spot for an extra shotshell caddy.

Or use the QLS attached to the Safariland belt slide attachment on whatever belt you have now. That is what I do. The belt slide is screwed to the female QLS and then have 3 male QLS attached to other holsters. Of course your holsters need to fit that bolt hole layout, but if it does, buy a second one and cut off the hood/strap and swap as needed.