Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Welcome To "a" Class

Keith

Happy now, Tom??? :angry::P

I just wish we had enough wheelgunners participating that the class thing actually came into play somehow......every match I've ever shot (including nationals), it wound up being heads-up competition between all the revos. Which is OK with me, actually it's probably one of the reasons we get along better than the other divisions--'cause playing the class game gets you nowhere.

Happy now, Tom???     :angry:        :P

I just wish we had enough wheelgunners participating that the class thing actually came into play somehow......every match I've ever shot (including nationals), it wound up being heads-up competition between all the revos.  Which is OK with me, actually it's probably one of the reasons we get along better than the other divisions--'cause playing the class game gets you nowhere.

So, does that mean the new slogan is:

Revolver Division, No class needed to play

or

Wheelgunners, a group with no class??

:D

Regards,

Happy now, Tom???    :angry:        :P

I just wish we had enough wheelgunners participating that the class thing actually came into play somehow......every match I've ever shot (including nationals), it wound up being heads-up competition between all the revos.  Which is OK with me, actually it's probably one of the reasons we get along better than the other divisions--'cause playing the class game gets you nowhere.

Well said Mike.

Mike,

There is no A in beginner.. :D

Good Job, enjoy A class.

I can almost remember the carefree days of A class. No pressure or responsibility. Nothing but fun and games. The next thing you know you wake up in the real world.

....maybe that was kindergarten????

Seems like somebody who keeps talking about Coondogs got their "B" card????

Correct me if I'm wrong Dave  ;)

Hopalog

Hoppy,

The C class wheelgunners got together and voted me out. They said my shooting was an embarrassment to C class-D wouldn't take me back and the B guys where all watching Carmoney. :)

Dave

Nope there "peasant" dogs  :D

And Carmoney-why aren't you posting the bird count? Some of us vacation in Iowa! 

Dave

OK, Dave, my unofficial roadside survey indicates a nice improvement over last year. We had a reasonably mild winter out here and no major flooding during the nesting season. I'm about to go drive into town to pick up Sam from Scouts and I fully expect to see at least a bird or two along the roads--it's that time of evening!

Unfortunately, we're not going to have a tremendous pheasant crop out here, because we don't have great populations of birds anymore, for two reasons (in my opinion):

1. Too much ground has come out of CRP back into production. I'm generally not a big believer in government hand-outs, but I really did like the CRP program for its environmental benefits. I can think of all sorts of other entitlement programs that should have been chopped first, and I'll bet you can too.

2. The predator population is getting absolutely out of control. I keep hearing that fur prices have gone back up, but hardly anybody bothers to hunt fox or coyotes these days. And it seems like every other freakin' telephone pole has some sort of hawk or eagle perched on it.

So, I expect 2006 to be a "slightly above average" pheasant year, all things considered. Still better than at least 48 other states in the country, I suppose....

Mike