Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Classifiers

j33716

Over the years we have seen very few new classifiers. Years ago they slowly started removing any classifier with steel targets. 
I also notice that only a few have any movement.

Personally, I would like to see three new classifiers introduced each year. They could be vetted at the Nationals, allowing many of the GMs to give a baseline.

So how do we get some new classifiers into the mix and keep them indicative of the sport? 

23 minutes ago, Trent1k1 said:

Jake Marten posted on FaceBook under the USPSA banner.  Email your designs to Jake and Troy for consideration.

That's pretty cool!  I'm curious to see some of the proposals

I doubt you'll see any of the proposals other than the ones that are selected. I'm afraid to see what most people think is a good standard test of shooting skill!

But the idea and the contest are super awesome and I hope it yields good results. (I have thought about entering a design or two myself)

Because movement is independent of shooting skill. So they want to test your shooting more so than your moving. Goes back to the match skills versus classifier skills opinions people have and which is more important. One of my favorite classifiers is shoot at open targets from a box, run to another and shoot more open targets. No hand or reload requirements other than your own personal ones due to your divisional choice. 99-10.

And all the classifiers with a barricade just feel like a throwback to the early days of the sport. If I want to shoot a classifier around a barricade I'd go back to IDPA hahaha.

Edited by rowdyb